I view the summertime like I do New Years -- a fresh new start to myself and my behavior. I find myself far more productive and willing for change when the sun is shining and I haven't got a million class assignments to think about. Summertime is the perfect time to delve into new hobbies, new habits, and overall new memories in the making. Here are several habits and/or activities YOU should pick up this sunny season to make this summer yours:

Get Into Dieting

And no, not necessarily to lose weight (Although, this is an option if it works best for you!) Look into healthier alternatives for the foods you already eat, swapping almond milk for milk or honey for sugar. Little changes like this in your diet will have your body thanking you in the long run.

Exercise Regularly

Diet choice and exercise go hand in hand. It's never too late to get that "summer body" you've always wanted. Even if you don't invest in a gym membership, a walk around the neighborhood is absolutely free of charge. Just remind yourself that slow progress is better than no progress.

Get Into Skincare

Sunscreen. Sunscreen. Sunscreen! Now that the sun is out, the last thing you'll want is to let your skincare slip. That summer glow doesn't come so easily, so now's the time to invest in some skincare that'll rejuvenate yourself. Do your research and look into the best products for your skin type.

Pamper Yourself

Get that summer chop at the salon you've been hesitating on for the longest time. Don't be afraid to even get some summer highlights as well! Get your nails done that perfect bright shade and buy yourself the cutest outfits. Now's the time for you to really go out and shine.

Pick Up A New Hobby

Read more, paint more, write more, anything. We often find ourselves way too busy during the school year to do anything we love. Summer however, is a different story. Busying yourself with something that makes you happy not only prevents you from being bored, but also boosts your mood throughout the season.

Get A Job

After a brutal school year, your money may be a little too low for your liking. Look into seasonal jobs to get your money up. You can never have too much money, and exercising good money/budget habits now will save you in the long run.

Make Plans With Your Friends

Let's be honest, you have far fewer excuses to not hang out with your friends in the summer than in the school year. Catch up with those people you haven't spoken to in ages. The best way to spend a summer is to spend it with the people you love, so don't forget to maintain your relationships

Hydrate

I don't know about you, but I have the worst time drinking enough water per day. Virtually every function in your body requires water, and it's important to keep your water levels high, especially during such a warm season. Try carrying around a big water bottle at all times -- seeing water in front of you will have you more likely to drink it. Your skin, your body, and your mind will all thank you.

Travel Out To Places You Don't Normally Go

Whether it be a different country, state, town, or even area, exposing yourself to different environments can serve to be an extremely fun experience. Getting out of your comfort zone, staying in new places, and immersing yourself in the unknown are all different ways to

Practice Gratitude & Wellness

When all else fails, instead of focusing so hard on the new, reflect and admire the old. Whether you utilize mindfulness, or write down 5 things you're grateful for daily, there are millions of ways to practice gratitude and wellness. Find methods that work for you, and always remind yourself that