Get Out Of Your Head; It's Not Safe In There

Ways to help you get out of your mind

570
Anxiety Cure

Imagine being trapped in a small room. No doors, no windows. Nothing hanging on the wall, just a faded white paint. There are a million people with you and they’re all screaming every thought you’ve ever had. You try to speak but no words come out. You’re drowning in this sea of people and there is nothing you can do to stop it. That is how it feels to be trapped in your mind. Drowning in your thoughts with nothing to stop it.

We are all given beautiful brains with beautiful thoughts, but some of those thoughts can be really damaging if left silent. It’s a dangerous thing to be locked up in our own brains. Gentle thoughts turn into violent wars within our skulls. We search for meaning that isn’t always there. We start out wondering what we will order at Starbucks and end up wondering about if we are really just made of star dust, is it even possible to find meaning in this ginormous universe? The fact of the matter is that it’s not safe to keep our thoughts always locked up in our brains, especially thoughts that are eating away at our souls. We don’t need to find answers to all of these thoughts, but we do need to learn ways to express them and understand them. Being someone who fights this constant battle, I have some suggestions for ways to deal with this.

1.Journal

Write down your thoughts. It doesn’t matter where, get them on a sheet of paper or even in your notes on your phone. Writing down your thoughts is a way to better understand them. You can make connections between thoughts that you didn’t know were there until you saw them right in front of you.

2.Draw, Paint, etc.

Art is a great way to express yourself. You are giving yourself a bit of purpose when you feel like there no longer is any. You are bringing something into the world that wasn’t there before you allowed it to be. Art is powerful.

3.Find a good listener

It is important to have people to talk to. It is also important to understand these people will not always have an answer for you and they won’t always have advice. Being allowed the ability to speak your thoughts when they no longer make sense in your head is an important way to understand them better.

4.Listen to music

Listening to music is a great way to help you escape your head. Sometimes, the hardest part is trying to turn your thoughts into words. It is important to listen to the lyrics that some of your favorite artists are creating. It can give you the opportunity to find the words you’ve been searching for. These lyrics can be the very thing describing what is going on in your brain.

5.Don’t be afraid

Don’t have a fear that your thoughts might be different than other people’s. Chances are, there is an overwhelming amount of people who have had the same thoughts spinning through their minds. You never know who you will come across and who you will relate to, don’t be afraid of that.

Don’t stay locked up in your brain. It isn’t healthy and it isn’t safe. Whether it is one of my suggestions or something else, find a way that helps you understand and express your thoughts. It really can be life changing.