7 Things To Do This Summer

At long last, summer break is finally upon us students in the northern hemisphere. Now that final exams, papers, and projects are a temporary thing of the past, we find ourselves faced with approximately three months to let loose and relax before the new semester kicks off in the fall. When you're not sleeping in past noon or heading in for a shift at your summer job, here are seven things to do this summer.

1. Round up your friends from school 

Friends

Whether they're your pals from high school or your new friends from college, summer is the perfect time to hang out with each other without the stress of schoolwork making you feel guilty every time you go out. Send a message in the old group chat and spend some much-needed time with your good friends!

2. Catch a new movie in theaters 

Movie Theater

Summer is full of new blockbuster films, from the latest Marvel movie to a new indie flick. With a lot of theaters having summer discounts for tickets, its the perfect thing to do with a group of friends, your family members, or just by yourself!

3. Head to a local festival or carnival 

Carnival

If there's one thing everyone loves about summer, it's that there is always something fun and exciting coming to a town near you. From renaissance fairs to annual carnivals, check out a fun festival this summer for the fun rides, photo ops, and tasty treats.

4. Try out a new hobby 

Cooking

It's never too late to develop a new interest, and summer is the ideal time to fully help it grow! Whether you want to try your hand at cooking, gardening, writing, or something else, there are plenty of things to do and even more sources to help you on your way.

5. Binge-watch a new show 

Watching TV

If you don't feel like battling the summer temperatures to do something fun, then let the fun come to you! Your favorite streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime are rife with new releases every month, so pick out an old favorite or a new venture and get comfortable.

6. See how many books you can read 

Reading

The great thing about reading is that there is no wrong time to do it or any negative consequences from it. Head to your local library or bookstore, wander the shelves, and pick out a book or two that interests you! You'll be glad to have something to read when you're lounging by the pool or stuck in the car with no data on your family road trip.

7. Explore your hometown 

Exploring

Whether you live in a small town or a big city, there is always something new to explore in the summertime. Maybe it's a new restaurant or boutique downtown, or maybe it's an abandoned building — if you're into that. Point is, there are plenty of places to explore this summer, so round up some friends and get to it.

What will you be doing this summer?