5 Fun Outdoor Summer Hobbies

5 Fun Outdoor Summer Hobbies

Maybe you'll find something you love

383

Well its the summer time, and when you're not busy with work or seeing friends its always nice to have something to do, here's a list of fun actives that can be done outdoors that can provide some excellent memories.

1. Whittling.

If you want something that is simple yet you would be proud of, whittling is for you. All you need is a front porch with a rocking chair, a knife, and some soft wood. Its great for giving yourself a project and being able to set your mind at ease. If you want to learn more about whittling, there is a great resource by here: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/12/12/a-beginners-guide-to-whittling.

2. Hiking/Camping.

Go return to your roots and get in touch with nature, hiking and camping can be great with friends and getting out of the office and enjoy some nice refreshing air. The resource http://trails.com can be used to find trails near you so you can get out and roam.

3. Fishing.

You've seen all the Instagram photos of those guys who manage to reel in some of the biggest fish you've seen. Well now in the summer is a great time for you to get out there and perfect and hone your fishing skills. If you've never been, everyone knows someone who loves to fish and would also love an excuse to get back out there and offer some wisdom.

4. Kayak and canoeing.

Think of any place that has water. Well there is a kayak or canoe there for you. Canoeing and kayaking is not only a great way to enjoy lakes and rivers, but also can be a nice little workout too. Plus, if you get to hot theres always some water available right there for you to cool off. For more information and learning about the basics of kayaking and what types there are and entries and exits this article by REI will give you everything there is to know: https://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/getting-started-kayaking.htm

5. Caving.

Another fun, yet inexpensive hobby is caving. Growing up and seeing places like Cumberland Caverns and Ruby Falls, its hard not to love the mystery that comes with caves. Caving is another hobby where it can be easy to go out and be active, yet still beat the summer heat. Here is another article that will allow you to get familiar with caving if you would like to learn more: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2010/08/02/a-beginners-guide-to-caving/