10 Ways To Have The Best Summer Ever

10 Ways To Have The Best Summer Ever

Want to have the best summer of your life? Then keep reading.

31
10 Ways To Have The Best Summer Ever
msecnd.net

Are you looking for ways to make sure you have a great summer? This list can help you prioritize and suggest some ways to make sure it happens. These ideas range from things to do with friends, to things that you can do on those boring days at home, to things that may cost a little bit of money but end up being one of the more fun things you have done. Make a list of your own, add some ideas to a summer bucket list, plan out crazy adventures, and make this summer an awesome and memorable one!

1. Make an effort to reach out to old (and new) friends!

Sometimes the best experiences come from those random texts to people from your high school or friends from school.

2. Find a job that you enjoy.

Whether it is an internship for job experience, lifeguarding on a beach in the sun, working at your favorite retail store, or staying on campus working in administration. Your summer job should be interesting and something that you are excited to go to as soon as you wake up.

3. Get outdoors!

Wherever you live, there are hundreds of things to do and places to go outside. Hiking, surfing, kayaking, camping, swimming, walking, boating or even windsurfing. Bring some friends and make a day of it!

4. Read a new book.

The summer is such a great time to pick up that book you have been meaning to read or go by your neighborhood library and just wander. Without the stress of school, it is much easier to find time to read something great.

5. Check out museums, theme parks, or zoos in your city.

Many museums offer free admission certain days of the week and sometimes children’s museums are more fun as a college student. Water parks and other theme parks are always a great way to spend your days (although they can be quite expensive). Zoos have college discounts, and who does not like seeing penguins swim around and eat fish fed to them?

6. Go to an outdoor concert or music festival.

Summer is the best time for outdoor concerts and music festivals. Go with a group and sing (or dance) your heart out.

7. Visit the fair.

Fun games (although they may be rigged), hypnotists, crazy roller coasters, lemonade, ferris wheels, elephant ears, horses, and cute baby piglets are just a few of the things you can expect to find there.

8. Go on a road trip with a group of friends.

Borrow someone's minivan or bust out your Camry and just drive. Whether it is a planned trip with camping or hotel reservations, or if it is a spur of the moment, road trips are always fun.

9. Learn something new.

Look around on Wikipedia sites, learn a new language, play an instrument or even learn how to change the oil in your car.

10. Take pictures.

Besides having great photos to post on Instagram or looking like you are doing something exciting on Snapchat, taking pictures is an awesome way to keep a visual journal of everything you have done over the summer. Make a scrapbook, print out copies to give to friends, or even send them to your grandparents as an easy way to keep in touch.

Hopefully these 10 ideas will help you have a better summer and take advantage of school being out as memories begin to fade and we are thrust back into real life.