Fun Activities to do at Disney World When the Lines are CRAZY!

There are so many free activities available to do in the theme parks that are HIDDEN GEMS!

7

If you've ever been to Walt Disney World in Florida, then you know that sometimes the lines are just INSANE! I mean, who wants to wait 2 hours for a ride? Hats off to you if you have that kind of patience, but I definitely do not (and neither do my babies). So here are few FREE activities I have enjoyed to avoid lines during my many adventures in the parks on busy days.

Conservation Station - Animal Kingdom

Hidden in the back corner of Africa (right next to Kilimanjaro Safaris), you'll find the train to "Rafiki's Planet Watch." After a relaxing train ride, which also gives you a tour of some of the barns that house the safari animals, you'll arrive at Conservation Station. Here you'll be able to explore a combination of furr-ific activities and experiences, including

-A veterinary treatment center where you can possibly see a live procedure taking place! These typically take place in the mornings so head there early if that's important to you!

-Nutrition Center where you can witness the experts preparing meals for park residents

-Amphibian, Reptile, and Invertebrate Windows

-Science Center

-Affection Section - otherwise known as Disney's petting zoo

The hours for Rafiki's Planet Watch vary seasonally, so make sure you check your times guide before you head that way to kill some time!

Agent P's World Showcase Adventure - EPCOT

Secret agents will receive a series of clues that must be solved to stop Dr. Doofenshmirtz and his madness! The clues will lead you through the pavilions at EPCOT. Each pavilion has it's own adventure that will last about 30-45 minutes. Up to 9 guests can join forces and share an interactive device. This adventure is enjoyed on your smartphone!

Kidcot Fun Stops - EPCOT

With art supplies provided at each pavilion, you and your family can draw, color and collect activity cards at every country throughout World Showcase. And you can listen to Cast Members share rich stories about their native countries as you create your special keepsake and pick up a memento from that country! And even better, MOST of these are located in AIR CONDITIONING! You'll find a Kidcot Fun Stop in every international pavilion at Epcot. Stop by each one to complete your collection!

A Pirate's Adventure - Magic Kingdom

Calling all pirates! Get ready to raid the Treasures of the Seven Seas! Head over to The Crow's Nest and pick up a talisman that magically allows you to read a secret treasure map (which you get to keep as a free souvenir!). Then it's all hands on deck as you fend off enemies, evade capture and hunt for treasure. When you complete each mission, you'll receive a very special treasure finder card. After you collect all 5, you'll get your hands on the sixth and final card—signed by Captain Jack Sparrow himself.

There is no fee to participate! Each of the 5 missions take about 20 minutes to complete, although they have no time limit. You can stop and restart each raid at your convenience throughout the day!

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom - Magic Kingdom

Get ready for spellbinding adventures at every turn! Hades has an evil plan to make Magic Kingdom park his new summer home. He's enlisted a brigade of Disney baddies—Cruella, Scar, Jafar, Maleficent, Ursula, Yzma, Ratcliffe and Dr. Facilier—to help track down 4 enchanted crystal shards, which are hidden throughout the park. It's up to you to foil their plans and save the day.

Stop by the Firehouse on Main Street, U.S.A. to sign up and receive your Sorcerer Key Card, Merlin's mystical map and spell cards. Study the clues on Merlin's map to locate 20 Magic Portals situated throughout the park and use your cards to battle Hades' henchmen—and eventually come spell-to-spell with Hades himself.

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is included in your theme park admission. Players will receive one map and pack of spell cards each day. Missions last from 20 to 30 minutes, sometimes longer depending on degree of difficulty.

Wilderness Explorers - Animal Kingdom

Set out on a series of fun, nature-themed challenges on your way to becoming an official Wilderness Explorer. Self-guided activities range from animal observation to learning important wilderness skills. Collect over 25 badges and earn the right to echo the Wilderness Explorer call: Caw! Caw! Roar! Complete the activities on your own, or take on each task as a group.

To begin, pick up a Wilderness Explorer handbook from headquarters—located on the bridge between the Oasis and Discovery Island—or drop by Wilderness Explorer Troop Leader locations in Africa, Rafiki's Planet Watch, Asia, Dinoland U.S.A. and Pandora!

Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station - Magic Kingdom

Hidden back in Storybook Circus, is this fun splash pad! Come and see the coolest train in all the land! Kids can play and splash around this "wild" circus train—while parents relax, unwind and enjoy a cool break. Casey Jr. lets off billows of refreshing "steam," while circus animals—including monkeys, elephants and camels—may spray their visitors with water.