From The Single Girl Who Is Ready To Settle Down

305
Chain Image

Growing up with traditional morals and values in this modern world has definitely been a challenge. I've witnessed true love through my parents and neighbors and honestly that is all I strive to receive in my life. Seeing how happy these couples are, the struggles that they've fought through, and the love they share for one another is something that is so inspirational.

I was never one to date around frequently just to have a guy with me at all times. Even in high school, I wasn't one to socialize with boys. From my friend's experience of broken hearts and stressful arguments, boyfriends were not a priority on my mind. Although, I have thought about the joy sharing experiences with a partner would bring. However, my first thoughts were to get accepted into college, focus on schooling, study abroad, graduate on time and begin my career.

Throughout my entire 22 years of life, I have only had one boyfriend that lasted six months. I will give him credit where credit is do and state that he was a good first boyfriend. He taught me a lot about myself and I've learned what I am worth while I was in this relationship. A lot of women don't discover what they deserve until after several boyfriends, broken hearts, and tears shed. But I was lucky enough to figure it out early. Now that I have my life together: I graduated from college, paid off loans, have a good steady job with excellent benefits, great credit, and working on getting my own place, I think it is time that I found my other half.

I've always, seemed, to be mature for my age and I understand relationships are about compromises. Yes, there will be arguments and disagreements on things, but there will also be acceptance and respect for one another. One person cannot love for both and I'm fully ready to take on the responsibility of being in a committed, loving relationship.

Relationships are about communicating your feelings, expressing your affection, showing your differences and accepting each others flaws. I want to meet that person who shows me what true love is like. Someone who supports me and makes me WANT to be a better person. I want to share Valentine's Day and New Years with someone I love and someone who reciprocates that love. I want to experience the holidays with their family and create new traditions. I want to have inside jokes, enjoy lounging in our sweatpants and eating junk food. I want to grow with that person, travel the world with that person, and just experience life together. But, more than anything I want to build a life, a family, and a home with him.