Friendship as Told by The Sex & The City Girls

Cocktails, sex and Barney's... how could a group of girls not love it?!

19
Her Campus

It’s a known fact: the millennials have introduced an entirely new era. Between the music, clothing styles, media… things are constantly changing and people could barely keep up. But what about relationships? Are our relationships now the same as those displayed on the media back in the late 90s? Or have we evolved into a new chemistry that our parents could no longer connect to? Sex and The City: popular tv show and movie(s) that women all over America could relate to in the early 2000’s. Now, those who were once young girls and are now growing into strong, mature women are finally old enough to understand the beauty behind every character and every scene both the movies and the tv show have to offer.

Stepping into the world of Carrie, Charlotte, Samantha and Miranda isn’t intimidating, but rather relatable.

That face you make when your laptop isn’t cooperating with you. Regardless if it is your paper that is not typing itself or the inhumane numbers stated on your bills… you just cannot fathom looking at your computer screen for one more second without breaking down.

Sex & The City

When you’re on vacation with your favorite girls and see Drake’s doppelgänger walk by.

Sex & The City

Girl time = cocktail time. Seriously, the best stories are told over a couple drinks and with your favorite people.

Sex & The City

But then again, we don’t need cosmos to get us talking.

Sex & The City

Those not too subtle reality checks your closest friends need to occasionally give you because, unfortunately, you’re not always as nice and innocent as you’d like to believe.

Sex & The City

Nothing compares to the nights out when you and your girls match outfits and vibes. You have no choice but to hand your iPhone over to the first person you see while asking him or her to capture the moment for you and your friends.

Sex & The City

Regardless if I’m upset about work, school, money, friends, or a guy, my friends are aways there to support me… even if my concluding solution to the situation is completely out of hand. Because if I go, so do my friends.

Sex & The City

No feeling will ever compare to the excitement felt when you’re finally reunited with your best friends.

Sex & The City

Remember when you were 13 and struggled to get ready? Remember the “I can’t go I don’t have anything to wear!” “But… you just went shopping yesterday” “Yeah well, I still have nothing to wear” conversations between you and your friends? Yeah, the struggle never stops.

Sex & The City

Judging your friends for their out of the ordinary actions but also completely understanding and relating because, well... life.Sex & The City

Retail therapy, Instagram comments and bad boys… we can’t help but love them.

Sex & The City

These days, women are subtly becoming a lot more selfish; rightfully so, we are claiming our spot the same way our previous historically recognized feminists have done.

Sex & The City