True Friendship Will Guide You To The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Did you know that there is a light at the end of this tunnel?

265
Bree-Anna Pike

Have you ever wondered what it was like to not be stuck in this long dark tunnel? Have you seen the light at the end of this tunnel? Or ever been so close to reaching that light at the end but the tunnel has gotten darker?

Well for me the tunnel had a light at one time but then got a whole darker. I’ve been through so much from a very young age of 5 years old all the way to even now. It goes from being bullied, losing my grandfather, friends stabbing me in the back, etc.

Growing up the way I did with two amazing parents. A huge family always there for you. But the thing is I’m the oldest of 5 kids and being the oldest means being the role model, sticking up for the younger ones, looking after them and so much more. I know that I'm the one that should be sticking up for them but it's the other way around-- my brothers and sisters stick up for me.

Throughout elementary, all the way to high school I've been pushed around, treated like a doormat, emotionally and mentally tormented by my peers until I lost myself, to the point I didn't know what the point of life was. But I had my family there for me and that's all I needed.

The time I found that light towards the end of the tunnel was my sophomore year when I met someone who I thought would be my best friend but turned out to be the main reason as to why I lost myself and had thoughts I shouldn’t have ever had. That's when the tunnel got a whole lot darker for me.

It's not easy getting yourself out of a hard place that someone put you into. But by the time you're getting out of that metaphorical tunnel and into the light and getting better, you’ll notice that life has some of the most beautiful things it has to offer.

The tunnel will be dark for a while but you learn to survive and get through the day with your head up high and a smile on your face. A fake smile or not doesn’t matter; all that matters is that you got through another day, that you're still here. Things do get better, I promise that light is just an arm's length away.

When I finally got out of that tunnel I met the people that mean the most to me besides my family. They have been there for me through everything; no matter what was going on they were there and I can’t thank them enough. Halie Cote, Abby Tera, John, Becca Fulford, Jordan Duffy, Tessa, and Bailey are the light at the end of my tunnel. They will always be that light at the end of my dark and twisted tunnel.

I love you guys with all my heart and wouldn’t know what I would do without you guys. By the time I found them, I thought life was basically over for me, but they changed that and introduced me to the only thing that I have my whole heart in: Mishnock Barn and line dancing. It's the only thing that keeps me sane.

The light at the end of that tunnel you're stuck in is completely there-- it just takes time and maybe just the right people to help guide you to it.