My Friends Are Engaged And I Am Not Ready To Attend Their Weddings

These are people I played with in elementary school, cheered beside in middle school, and had homeroom with in high school. I have not seen these people since our high school graduation a few years ago. However, I have stayed up to date on their personal lives through social media. My Facebook and Instagram are FILLED with people getting engaged. I don't know how to handle it. They are so young, happy, in love, and look fantastic. But I am not ready to attend these weddings and here are some reasons why:

1. I am going to cry like a little baby at the ceremony. 

Oh My Gosh Crying GIF by globaltv - Find & Share on GIPHY Giphy

Come on! Imagine seeing your third-grade best friend walking down the aisle in a white gown! We used to plan and say what we wanted our own weddings to look like, and now it is actually happening.

2. We aren't old enough to get drunk at the reception.

Some of us attending the wedding are not yet 21 and have to either beg the groom's uncle for a beer or sneak the future mother-in-law's glass of wine once she is drunk after the toasts. What am I going to toast you with? Ginger Ale?

3. I'm broke and the wedding gift will probably be what you didn't want.

Here ya go. I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you later.

4. I don't want to loose a good friend.

You're getting married and moving away and I may never seen you again. Not fair!

5. You're marrying because you are in love.

You are going to have the best time being in love and starting a new family.