To My Best Friend's Daughter

To My Best Friend's Daughter

I love you more than I could ever say.
89

Baby girl, I want to start out by saying I love you more than anything this world. I loved you from the moment I found out you were on the way. I loved you from the moment I say the picture your dad sent me the day you were born. Your mom and I have been friends for as long as I can remember, and to be able to call you my niece is the greatest honor I could have ever received. I know you're too young to understand now, but my hope is that one day I can read this to you, and hopefully all the thing I have to say will be true.

I promise that I will always be there for you. No matter how far away I am, or what time of day or night it is, I am only just a phone call away. Even if you're 15 and at a party where you need to get away from, I'll come pick you up. I won't even tell your mom. Or if you just broke up with your first boyfriend and think your mom won't understand, I'll be there to listen. I'll even probably threaten to kick his ass for hurting my precious niece. And I promise to be there when you argue with your mom. I'll agree that's she's awful, but still give you the advice you need to hear.

I promise to be at the events that mean the most to you. From VIP day at school to high school graduation, you better believe I'll be there. And I'll be the one cheering the loudest.

I promise to spoil you. And oh, will I spoil you. From new clothes to spa days, if I can give it to you, I will. I'll give you the pop your mom says no to, feed you sweets and then drop you back off at home. I'll do all the things the cool aunts do, and I'll do it 1000 times better.

But most of all, I promise to always love you. I promise to be a constant in your life. Even if you have annoyed the crap out of me, and I may snap and show my annoyance, I hope you know my love for you will never waiver. Even when I have my own children, you'll always hold a special place in my heart.

I love you darling, and know that if I could be there reading this to you now I would be. But sometimes life isn't fair, and I can't always be where I want. But you better believe I'll always, always, be there when you need me.