To My Friend In The Service

Sometimes you come across people you know are going to make a difference in the world. I am lucky enough to have a best friend who knew he was destined to serve our country from the day I met him. Those who dedicate their lives to serving our country are special individuals, and I am beyond thankful to have someone so special in my life.

At the age of 18, it is remarkable that someone could be so selfless. When most teenagers are getting drunk and preparing to embark on their first semester of college, those who choose to serve our country are training in the most harsh conditions; training so we can remain free. While suffering through isolation and strict regulations they learn discipline and what it takes to be the forefront of our country.

Those that sacrifice everything for our country, are molded from the time they are young. It takes a special individual to know they can handle the strenuous conditions that are essential when training for such a prestigious position. In addition to risking their lives for our freedom each day, they sacrifice time with family and friends in order to ensure our safety.

With a hectic schedule, it can be easy to forget about where you came from and where you’re going. In addition to having the world in his hands, my best friend is always there for his friends and family. When home, he makes the time to hear about the parties, drama, and boring classes that you are experiencing at your college. You remain in awe as you hear about the places he has traveled and the things he has seen.

Sometimes you come across people you know are going to make a difference in the world. My best friend made the brave decision to serve our country, and while I pray for his safety and sometime secretly wish he was home to hangout on Friday nights, I am lucky to have a best friend that is so selfless to fight for our freedom.