To My Best Friend's Parents

To My Best Friend's Parents

Thank you for blessing my life with my best friend

34
To My Best Friend's Parents
Calya Crane

To my best friends parents,

Thank you for blessing me with your child. In all my life I have longed for a person who would understand me the way I needed to be understood. Your child has greatly impacted my life and for that I cannot thank you enough.

Throughout the years of mine and your child's friendship, you have also shown me what it's like to be wholeheartedly welcomed into another family. You have accepted me as another child of yours and made me realize that love is not strictly blood related.

Because of you, I have my best friend, the person who I can go to for anything and everything; the person who knows me better than I know myself. You gave me a person who will never leave my life, even when we are miles apart.

Thank you for always treating me like it was normal for me to come to family reunions and family parties. Thank you for not getting upset when I come over at 11 P.M. because I was having a rough night and needed my best friend. Thank you for making me feel like I belonged.

Without your kindness and love, I would not have became as close with my best friend as I have. I would not know their families as well as I have. You may think you were just being nice to a random girl that your child had befriended, but little did you know that a relationship was being established.

After all those late nights of you picking us up at the mall, baseball games, and parks, I couldn't imagine how those nights would have ended without you all. Those days when we bugged you to let us go somewhere for the first time by ourselves and you finally agreed; there was trust built on the fact that we are responsible and safe.

So thank you for letting me become best friends with your child and create a bond that I would not be able to get with anyone else. Thank you for doing what you did and raising a polite, kind, and sweet child. Without them I would not be who I am today.