Four Teams That Won The NFL Draft

Four Teams That Won The NFL Draft

It seems like everyone has gotten better this year

11
Four Teams That Won The NFL Draft
Cleveland

With the 2017 NFL Draft having wrapped up Thursday night, teams are now full of young talent, and are all ready to begin the new season. Ultimately, only time will tell who really made the best picks this year. With that in mind, here are four teams I believe put themselves in the best position with this draft.

1). The San Francisco 49ers

This was a truly awful roster last year, and that may still be putting it lightly. Drafting two of the best in the first round, Solomon Thomas and Reuben Foster, will set this team up for years with defensive talent. Although I do question their choice of drafting C.J. Beathard when attempting to address the offense. Coming from a Packers fan, I cannot even begin to express my gratitude to John Lynch for fooling the Bears into drafting Mitchell Trubisky, because that is a pick that I'm sure the NFC North will enjoy for years to come.

2). The Cleveland Browns

At the moment, it is a popular call to say that the Browns had the best draft this year. While I am putting them at second in this ranking, I do believe that they were a bit risky with the selections of Jabrill Peppers and David Njoku in the back end of the first round. Not to mention, I still don't believe this roster is anywhere close to being organized enough for a winning season. They got some solid young talent though, and the next few seasons will determine if their moves really paid off.

3). The Jacksonville Jaguars

Picking Leonard Fournette at the fourth spot was an amazing decision, because the Jags now have a running back who just plays angry. He is a bruising, workhorse back who should help immediately with the development of Blake Bortles. Not to mention picking up Cam Robinson in the second round; not too shabby. Fourth round pick Dede Westbrook could be a steal, if he manages to stay out of trouble off the field.

4). The Indianapolis Colts

The Colts had a draft that was nothing short of amazing. With a plethora of defensive selections, the Colts may surprise people this season with the strength of their new players. Malik Hooker and Quincy Wilson will provide an immediate impact in the secondary, and Marlon Mack could prove a worthy successor to the aging Frank Gore. Who knows, maybe this is the year in which everything is not placed on the shoulders of Andrew Luck?