Fortnite Is The Next Gaming Craze And Here's Why

Fortnite has taken the world by "storm." Haha, get it?

382
Microsoft

Fortnite has recently taken the world by storm ever since they made the Battle Royale version of their game free late last year. The Battle Royale game mode drops you on an island with 99 other people in a fight to the death to win it all. You can play alone, or with friends, whichever you prefer. So why is Fortnite, with wacky, animated graphics, so popular right now? I can explain why.

First of all, there are unique game components in Fortnite. Not only is the game a testament to your third-person shooting skills, it involves building strategy. Buildings are hugely important in Fortnite, and if you can't build, you can't win. Plus, building introduces a new game concept that intrigues players.

In addition, there is a learning curve associated with the game. When you first play, you absolutely suck. You can't build at all. And you can't win. But, as time goes on, as you learn how to build, get better at aiming and last longer, you start having more fun and you realize how good you are. And when you get that first "Victory Royale!" on your screen, you are overjoyed with how far you have come.

Also, at a first glance, I thought having an animated style game would not look good at all.

I couldn't have been more wrong. The fact that everything in the game is animated, but is so detailed and crisp and realistic, makes the gameplay so much better. And, the game is free, and also not play-to-win, so people's wallets don't dominate the game. Only sheer skill proves worthy. Plus, the game is always getting updated, new guns are being added, there are new limited-time modes to play, and challenges to complete to earn rewards, which all keep you engaged. And you can't forget the emotes!

The Battle Royale game mode has so much more to offer, but the "Save the World" mode also exists. "Save the World," a zombie apocalypse type game mode, is still paid, but they look to be making the game free this year. (P.S. Epic Games, no one really plays "Save the World" anyway. No offense.)