to my parents and my family at the hospital

In our time of need, thank you for doing everything you can to keep us and our home safe and healthy.

120

For those who don't know, my parents work at our local hospital and they have for my entire life. I was even born there. That hospital is a constant in my life in more ways than most people would think. I basically grew up there. I can walk the halls and not know a single face, but they all know me. They know my entire life story and every milestone of my life because my parents love to share everything (and lowkey brag about us and our accomplishments). But, it was nice to know that I could come around and have people to rely on for help, regardless of how close we were or even if I didn't know them at all.

Although, there were those who I looked forward to seeing, even going out of my way to seek them out just to chat. I have countless memories of the hospital. From coloring in the same children's coloring book time and time again to chatting with the secretaries to dropping off lunch or forgotten items to my parents and then volunteering in a few different departments for four plus years. I was genuinely upset when I came home from Rutgers and my parents told me I would not be able to visit while we're in remote learning. There is no end to the love I have for our hospital and the people that work there.

With the days in quarantine slowly adding up, my parents, the essential workers that they are, continue to go out everyday with different schedules. They're doing their best to make sure that people during this time of need get the help they require; whether they have the virus or are simply fighting their own personal fights, they are doing their best. And that is all I could ever ask of them. They, along with the rest of my friends and family at the hospital, are doing their very best to ensure that our community and home remain safe and healthy.

So, this article, however short or late it is, is a thank you. Thank you for working incredibly hard, both on and off the clock, to make sure that we all feel safe. Thank you for looking out for others regardless of the struggles you face on a daily. Thank you for the things I was taught there and everything I have learned. I am grateful for the memories I have and am looking forward to the new ones I am sure to make during future visits and talks. Please remain safe yourselves, for your own families and the community as a whole. You make everyone so incredibly proud and I am honored to know you all.

With love,

Arielle :)

From Your Site Articles