If you live anywhere in the US, especially in the South, then you know that the best time of the whole year is football season. From little league to high school to college to the NFL, nothing is better than football season.

1. Excuse to stay at home and never leave your TV

Of course, nothing is better than seeing the game live. If you can't be there to see it in person, the next best thing is being in your pajamas while watching the greatest sport.

2. All the great tailgate food

Chicken wings, ham and cheese sliders, sausage balls, pigs in a blanket and all the dips. There really is nothing better than tailgate food.

SEE ALSO: 14 Reasons You Need To Wife Up A Tailgating Queen

3. Everyone can agree on at least one thing

With the way society is today, it's hard for anyone to every agree on something. But during the fall, everyone can agree that your team is the best team or just that football is great in general.

4. Football means cooler weather is coming soon

When you live in the South, walking outside during the summer is basically the same as walking into an oven. But when football season comes around, it means that cooler weather isn't going to be far behind it.

5. The excitement that comes with a football game

Nothing gets you more pumped up then when your team scores a touchdown, hearing it announced over the intercom, and the band starts playing the fight song. It really is the best feeling.

6. Rivalries

No other game compares to a rivalry game. People throw parties and host events during the days leading up to the game. The win is just a little bit sweeter and the competitiveness is just a little bit stronger during a rivalry game.

7. The history

The game of football has been around for over 100 years, giving us something to love and bond over from generation to generation.

8. The student section

The student section is full of excitement and picture-taking, but it's still the best place to be in the whole stadium.