When you say Wisconsin, you've said it all!
We truly love it here in the Badger State. Here are a few things Wisconsinites can relate to.
- You know Wisconsin is the true Dairy State. We run on milk and cheese.
- You’ve hit a deer with your car or at least know someone who has multiple times.
- You get super excited when "Jump Around" comes on and proceed to do just that.
- You’ve danced the polka with your grandpa or a great aunt at least once.
- You know that Summerfest is the ultimate music party of the summer.
- When you go to church on Sundays during football season, at least half the folks are wearing green and gold.
- You’re proud of the fact that we love beer. You can thank WI for Miller, Leinenkugel’s, Point, Spotted Cow and PBR, among others. (But we remind you to "Drink Wisconsinably!")
- Your favorite summer vacation as a kid was to Wisconsin Dells—the water park capital of the world!
- In the winter in elementary school, snow pants, boots and a big coat were required before going out to recess.
- It’s totally normal to walk into someone’s house and see multiple bucks mounted on the wall.
- Your town is practically dead on a Friday night in the fall because everybody is at the high school football game.
- You’d be lost without Culver’s ButterBurgers and custard.
- You’ve owned a cheesehead at some point in your life.
- When half of the school goes missing during the fall, you know it’s hunting season.
- When at the state fair, the first thing you want to find are the cream puffs. Second are the cheese curds.
- You're proud of the fact that the Green Bay Packers are the only publicly owned, non-profit sports organization in the U.S.
- You get excited when Wisconsin is mentioned in your favorite movies and shows. Wisconsin is referenced in "Mean Girls," "The Great Gatsby," "Bridesmaids," "That 70s Show," "Titanic," and "Home Alone."
- You know when someone says “I want a brat,” they’re not talking about a whiny kid.
- You’ve tried sauerkraut and it’s not bad.
- Friday nights in the spring are reserved for fish frys.
- You know what a bubbler is.
- No matter what college you go/went to, you’ll always root for the Badgers.
- You hated Brett Favre when he left, but have since learned to forgive him.
- A foot of snow fell last night? Sorry you’re still going to school.
- You know that on a sunny summer Saturday in Madison the farmer’s market is the place to be.
- You refer to the Packers as “we.”
- You’ll take your cheese curds squeaky or deep fried; as long as they’re from Wisconsin.
- Some of your best summer memories were made up north.
- You find it awesome that our state is home to cool things like the Lumberjack World Championships, the Hamburger Hall of Fame, EAA AirVenture and a 40-foot Muskie statue.
- Between the snow, beer, cheese and the Pack, your heart lies in Wisconsin.
Keep Reading... Show less