4 Essential Foods You Need When You Get Wisdom Teeth Out

Let's be honest, the thought of getting your wisdom teeth out is scary. Practically everyone you know has a horror story about their wisdom teeth surgery. But I'm going to let you in on a secret: the surgery really isn't that bad. What's bad is the fact that you are starving and there is such a limited amount of food that you can eat. Fear not! I have compiled a list of the essential food you must have while you are recovering.

1. Popsicles

Legit these are the only thing you'll be able to eat for a day and a half. Make sure there is plenty of variety in your popsicles because you will get sick of them FAST.

IMPORTANT NOTE: it will be impossible to eat ice cream so make sure you understand the difference between ice cream and popsicles. You will not be able to fit a spoon in your mouth to eat ice cream, and if you do? Ice cream will spill out of your mouth and onto your chin.

2. Soup

Again, you will want a variety of soup. Also, don't try to eat this with a spoon. Like the ice cream example, the soup will spill out of your mouth and onto your chin. I recommend putting your soup into a coffee mug instead of a bowl and sipping it like its coffee.

3. Mashed potatoes

You won't be able to enjoy this until maybe your second day. But boy, its worth the wait.

4. Rice

You most likely will have to wait until your second or third day for rice. You won't be able to chew it but you'll be able to suck on it until its mushy enough to swallow. Listen, it sounds gross but you need food with substance, your body won't be able to live on popsicles alone.

PRO TIP: I got fried rice and egg drop soup from my favorite Chinese food restaurant 2 days in a row, if you like Chinese food go for this pairing.

5. Drink all the water

Avoid the straw!!! But keep yourself hydrated. Your pain pills will be extremely hard to swallow if you don't have enough fluids in you. Trust me, I threw up my pills twice, and that was PAINFUL.