Julian Assange: From Folk Hero To Super Villian

The corruption of power.

19

Assange Is Morphing From Folk Hero to Super Villain Before Our Eyes.

God was pleased with the work and worship of Abel, and praised him for it. Upon hearing this praise, Abel's brother Cain, flew into a jealous rage and murdered him. When God asked Cain about the whereabouts of Abel, Cain responded with a question of his own. He asked God, "Am I my brother's keeper"? It is a rhetorical question that comes with an answer. Absolutely! There is a lesson in this for us all. We each are in fact our brother's keeper. We are all to help and guide one another to stay on the right path, and to do the right thing while on this path. My friends, brother Julian Assange and Wikileaks have fallen off the path of goodness, and have resorted to playing God through a dangerous act of revenge.

Applying the logic of correcting misdeeds to our government and the people in public office is a difficult, if not impossible task if one does not know of any misdeeds. That is what Wikileaks set out to do...at first. They were the champions for those without a voice as we needed someone to IMPARTIALLY expose the wrongs of those in power with the goal of having them corrected. We all understand that power corrupts. We know that even the best of the best of those elected are not immune. We witness some who are elected to serve the entire country, pick and choose who will be helped and advance, and who will be left behind. It is an unspoken rule that those working as a civil servant may have actions that are questionable, and we want these actions exposed and addressed. However, If one has information that is important to the voting public, information that must be shared, and your mission is to right the wrongs, then the information that is to be exposed must be done...immediately.

Wikileaks has been sharing information on the missteps of government officials, much to the applause of the public and the chagrin of those officials. The information received and then published contains important information that would otherwise remain hidden. Once again, the DNC has been hit with...dreaded email issues. Some argue that the leaked emails do hold importance and should be put on blast. However, the public is starting to question the timing of these releases and more importantly, the source of the information. Why? The answer is simple logic: any information that should or should not be privy to the public should never be released on a time table, as this type of action creates more questions about the source as opposed to accepting the answers provided within the leak. This systematic scheduling of releasing emails, while protecting the source of the leak is nothing more than a power move. Information should never be used as revenge or used in order to play God, steering a campaign towards a particular direction. Unfortunately, this is what Assange appears to be doing with Wikileaks. His scheduling releases of exposure through email during questionable times is solely done in order to disrupt a campaign. Adding insult to injury, it looks as though the once folk hero is choosing which country to betray and which one to protect. This proves that Assange himself has become corrupt with power. It is time that the actions and motives of Assange be exposed as well!

Total transparency is important when it comes to the United States Government. Julian Assange and Wikileaks has provided information exposing despicable actions going on behind closed doors within governments all over the globe, all the while protecting their own despicable actions. There are many who believe Julian to be a spy, and others still believe he is a folk hero. Wikileaks has leaders and governments around the world quaking with fear over the prospect of private information coming to light and dirty deeds becoming exposed. If one (like Hillary Clinton), has had a hand in trying to prosecute Julian Assange, the feathers of this arrogant ass have been ruffled. The direct result is nothing more than revenge. It is enacted by exposing "truths" while protecting his own dirt. Julian Assange leaking emails from an "unnamed", possibly dangerous, source in order to derail the American election process is as despicable as it can get.

Assange has forgotten to remain impartial. He allowed his personal feelings about a candidate to get the best of him, and is no longer holding true to the nature of Wikileaks. Instead of exposing information when he obtains it, he holds on to it and schedules releases as if it were a form of sadistic entertainment. He has turned his back on the nature of his political fight for justice across the globe, and instead is creating a great loss of credibility. His actions have now caused Wikileaks to look suspect, giving pause not just to his political enemies, but the public in general. His suspicious acts have now given reason to those against him to build a case. One of the charges being bantered about accuses Assange of working with and protecting other countries like Russia, in order to control the outcome of the general election in the United States.

Assange promised bombshell information that was to be leaked at a certain time in order to block Hillary from moving forward in accepting the nomination for President of the United States of America. His information provided so far has not been a bombshell, but more of a firecracker. It was not without accomplishment, as the information leak did anger Sanders supporters and rightfully caused Wasserman-Schultz her job. However, do we even give a rat's ass that Ariana Grande has been banned from performing at the White house for licking doughnuts? This piece of fluff gives rise to some questions. One question on everyone's mind, is this. Seriously, doughnuts? Other questions; If there is more information to come, what the hell is he waiting for? The most serious question being asked, are these leaks coming from another country looking to sway the election results? If the answer is yes, then Assange has offically started taking sides as to which country should be exposed, all the while trying to remain squeaky clean! This will not last long. They say karma is a bitch, and it can be agreed, karma will be knocking down the door of that which hides Assange.

Fellow whistle blower Edward Snowden has offered criticism as his brother's keeper. He questions the ethics of the DNC email hack and subsequent leak. In a tweet questioning not only the timing of the release of these emails, but implying that Assange and perhaps Russia is trying to influence the election, Snowden tweets "Democratizing information has never been more vital, and @Wikileaks has helped. But their hostility to even modest curation is a mistake." Holding on to information and releasing it on a time frame to enact revenge will cost Wikileaks their hard earned credibility. It also gives credence to the charge of spy if in fact, he refuses to name the source of these leaks, and it is discovered he is helping another country in swaying the general election. If Russia is the one who hacked into the DNC, and Assange is protecting them, he is picking sides. The corruption of power and the act of revenge has morphed the modern day Robin hood into the Joker, and must be stopped, as this is now a dangerous situation for the entire globe!

No one will ignore the leaks, as it does make for interesting reading. However, before one rushes to judgement on either candidate based on these leaks, it is important to understand a few things. These emails may have been altered, as no one knows for certain where these emails are coming from or how long the one who "secretly" passed information on to Wikileaks them has had them. There is now information that in these alleged leaks, are names, addresses, credit card numbers, and social security numbers, tucked in the information being passed along. If the leaker engaged in criminal behavior, and does not believe in privacy for anyone, shouldn't Assange expose them as well? So far he hasn't, and he has defiantly stated that he will protect the source of the leaks. It is time for everyone to see this for what it is. The timing of releases prove that the leaker is out to single-handedly influence and influence our right of choice in the process.

Transparency in any government is great for society. There are pieces of information that should be exposed, and others that really make no sense to expose---uhm, doughnuts. Really? Important information should be shared with the general public and not sat on while the one who now holds the power decides when, what, where, and how to release it. This is nothing more than a stupid attempt at playing God, and for that, it is right for the entire world to be wary of such "information". Julian has defiantly taken sides between countries, and for that, he can take any and all information he is sitting on, and let it absorb into his ignorant behind. So, brother Assange, as your brother and your keeper, we as Americans would like to inform you that you have failed as far as the standards you set in place for Wikileaks. Your political mission is starting to look more like a gossip rag for espionage.It is time that YOU YOURSELF were exposed and corrected. Taking a personal revenge and choosing between countries will be your downfall. I am no longer a fan. Enjoy the spotlight Julian, because believe me, the United States of America will wipe that smug look right off of your face!