how to flirt with a hot guy
relationships

One Day I Want To Be The Type Of Girl Who Walks Up To A Hot Random Stranger–That day is Not Today

Maybe we can schedule it for some time next week. Or the week after that.

213

We've all had those moments where we see a beautiful guy or girl and the world just stops. It's like those cliche slow-motion moments in movies where the sunlight shines in from behind them, the wind blows through their hair, and your heart skips a beat. And at that moment you are convinced they are your future spouse and the one true love of your life. But then sadly two seconds later they walk away and you let them. Any and all courage you may have had vanishes and there goes the love of your life, right out the door never to be seen again.

And while that love of your life is gone from your life forever, you fantasize about how great it would be if the next time you see some random hot stranger that could be your future husband or wife, you actually get the courage to walk up and talk to them. You picture yourself doing one of those hair flips where you actually look cool, not like there was a fly in your air and you sloppily swat it out. Then maybe you flirt a little bit, and actual flirting not just an awkward jumble of words that leave you more embarrassed then if you were to just stand there and drool. And all of this ends with you guys exchanging numbers and agreeing to meet up sometime. (Wow. Can you even imagine?)

Zendaya.https://giphy.com/gifs/zendaya-mVYIvybdGCqJy

...But then reality kicks in and you remember that you're, well you're you and that just will never happen. I mean I'm about as confident as a chicken nugget with the flirting skills of an apple. This daydream will forever remain just that. I know that the next time I see my future husband I will probably let him walk away because I'm just not here yet. I'm not confident or secure in myself enough to be that girl who walks up to hot guys and lands a date within minutes. I'm the girl who stares from a comfortable distance and tells her best friends about the cute babies we'd make. And I'm okay with that.

All self-deprecating jokes aside. I am happy with the way I go about doing things. I know one day I'll get a boyfriend and we'll get married. And our babies will be cuter than any random hot stranger and I could ever make. Maybe I'll flirt with him, maybe he'll be the one to flirt with me first. Either way, it will be magically and it will be meant to be. So let's raise our glasses to the day I get the courage to walk up to my actual future husband and start the beginning of the rest of my life!

Meryl Streephttps://giphy.com/gifs/meryl-streep-emmys-but-not-today-l0MYx81UsE5PjlI3K