Five Rhode Island Must-Do Activities This Summer

Not sure how to spend your summer? Here are my suggestions across RI!
141

Rhode Island may be the smallest state, but don’t be fooled. We have a lot to offer. From our gorgeous coastline to the amazing restaurants, there is always something to do. Here are my top five must-do Rhode Island activities this summer!

1. Go to the beach

This may seem self-explanatory since Rhode Island earned the nickname "The Ocean State." There are 400 miles of beautiful coastline to discover and over 100 private and public beaches. One beach that has been drawing in tourist and natives is Watch Hill. This beach offers gorgeous water and who knows, maybe you will even run into Taylor Swift.

2. Discover new restaurants

Rhode Island is a hub for delicious nights out. Whether you are looking for a five-star restaurant or a casual meal, you will have no trouble finding a new favorite. If you are vegetarian or vegan and looking for a good restaurant, my personal favorite is Garden Grille, located in Pawtucket. It is a few doors down from their vegan bakery, “Wildflour” whose whoopie pies are to die for. If you are hungry for Italian cuisine, head over to Federal Hill in Providence. You won’t be disappointed.

3. Be Gatsby for a day

Take a trip to Newport for the day and tour the mansions. The most popular ones to visit are: The Breakers, Marble House and Rosecliff. If you want to have the true Great Gatsby experience, make it a point to visit both Marble House and Rosecliff; that was where the original movie was filmed. This is a great time for people of all ages and the breathtaking interiors will make you wish you lived in America’s Gilded Age.

4. Take a stroll down Cliff Walk

While you are in Newport, walk on the beautiful Cliff Walk. This three and a half-mile walkway lines the coastline and provides a perfect view of the mansions. If you are traveling on a budget, this is a great way to see the mansions without paying to tour the insides. Be warned: walk cautiously, certain parts of the walkway border 70-foot drops.

5. Explore Providence

Our state’s capital offers endless opportunities and attractions. Spend the morning on the Eastside, the afternoon perusing the RISD Museum, and stroll the river front at night to see WaterFire. Be sure to check out the GoProvidence.com calander of events to see what may be happening when planning your visit. For music lovers; tune into 95.5 and attend the Free Concert Series each Friday night. Featured artists performing are: Le Proxy Pro, Aurora, Nothing but Thieves, and The Wombats.

Those are just five out of the hundreds of attractions Rhode Island has to offer. If you decide to visit The Ocean State don’t forget to stop by each one, and don’t forget to tell them who sent you!