10 Great Things To Do This Summer Besides Going To The Beach

Because getting sun burnt every summer sucks.
587

If you're like me, you know that every vacation you go to isn't always the best considering it's mostly to the beach. Now don't get me wrong, the beach is great, but when you are a very pale, very fair-skinned person, it is not as enjoyable as it is for everyone else. Every beach trip ensures salt water, sunburns, and many people comparing my skin to that of a lobster's. Oh and more freckles of course. So if you are as pale as me or if you just don't like the beach and are looking for more exciting things do, then here are ten great things to do besides going to the beach.

Camping/Hiking

There are many great things to do outdoors that don't require you turning into a giant lump of skin cancer. Sitting by a fire, eating s'mores, and/or sitting by a lake is one good way to spend your summer, even if it's just in your backyard. And you can go hiking just about anywhere, especially if you live in the south.

Ice Skating

This one is different, but still tons of fun! It's definitely difficult when you first get on the ice, but it'll be worth it in the end. Oh yeah, and dress warm. It may still be summer, but it is cold in the rink.

Amusement Parks

Most people I know have been to Six Flags or at least one amusement park in their life, but if you haven't you are definitely missing out! Roller coasters, log rides, and more are in store at these places. If you are looking for a thrill, but still want the swimming experience, an amusement park is a great place to go.

Road Trip

Now this is a great vacation to do with your friends if you'd rather not go to the beach. Instead of just going and getting the same beach experience, you can travel cheaply and see many different sights around the country.

Cruise

Although these are more on the expensive side, you can still enjoy going to the beach with this idea. And instead of going to Panama every year, you can cruise to cool places like the Bahamas and other places around the country.

Concert/Music Festival

Everyone loves music and now that it's summertime, there are plenty of concerts and festivals fast approaching for you to have the best summer of your life. You can go and see all of your favorite bands and meet new people.

Art Museum/Gallery

Now this one may not appeal to most people unless you're artsy-fartsy like me, but there are several places you can go that show amazing art. And you don't have to just go to an art gallery. There are many different kinds of art that you can enjoy. You can go to an art museum, you can go to a ballet, hell you can even go to a sculpting class and get artsy yourself. You may never know if you have an artist residing inside you until you go to one of these places.

Cave Diving

Now I've personally never done this, but it sounds hella fun! You may have to travel a little ways away to find a cave to go diving in, but it is definitely an experience not everyone can say they have done.

Haunted House

You may not know this, but it doesn't have to be Halloween for you to go a haunted house. Get this, there are actual haunted houses around the globe filled with actual ghosts. GASP! I know, I know. You're probably thinking that ghosts aren't real and it would be a waste of time. Well, we don't know that for sure so why don't you go and find out. Plus if you don't see anything, you can at least get a cool history lesson of the place and an excuse to travel.

Aquarium/Zoo/Planetarium

This trip can bring back memories for sure! Most people have been to at least one of these places as a kid and now going back, it is so much more fun. Now you can really enjoy it and it might bring out your inner kid, which is always fun.

While the beach may be fun, it's only fun for a few hours (at least for me it is). Besides going to the beach every year and calling it a summer, why not spice it up a bit and do a little more. Go to the beach, but also do stuff locally or try things you haven't done before. The summer is only here for a limited amount of time, so make it fun!