Find The Best Fitness Routine For You, And Get Excited About Getting In Shape

Every body is different, learn what works best for yours

123
pexels

Everyone's body is different and needs its own practice and care. If you are someone who dreads getting off the couch and going to the gym, it is probably because you haven't found the workout that fits best with your personality and lifestyle yet (or you're just lazy).

Either way, I am here to save you time and help you find the workout that fits perfectly into your life, learn how to use it properly and help you find one that you will look forward to.

Core Training

This is a good work out for you if you are looking to tone your midsection, build stomach muscles, feel noticeably stronger and understand that results don't happen overnight. Your midsection will get stronger every time you get on your mat, even though you may not be seeing immediate results.

You should never start core training during a gym session until you have burned at least 200 calories. You should be sweating and rehydrating your body before you even think about lying on your mat.

Use weights when you're on your mat, not too heavy but heavy enough to be a challenge. If you cheat yourself on your workouts, you're only wasting your own time. Step out of your comfort zone and choose a repetition that seems slightly unattainable, and reach your goal. Understand your limits, but don't be afraid to push yourself because it is the only way to get stronger.

Rowing

This is a perfect workout for you if you are looking for a full body workout, with emphasis on arms. This will tone your legs, glutes, core, arms and back if done correctly.

This machine is very repetitive so, if you are looking for a more exciting cardio workout, this may not be for you.

You can really test your own strength while rowing. You will be able to alter the amount of power you use each and every repetition. The harder you pull, the more power you use, resulting in the most calories burned.

Personally, I like to row for ten minutes during my work out. If you are new to rowing, make a goal and row for that many minutes. You can alter your power if it becomes too much, but meet your goal. As your strength increases, you will be able to increase your time while maintaining your power.

Indoor Cycling

If you are looking for a workout that burns fat and builds muscle while burning 400-600 calories each workout, this is the one for you. You are going to feel like you are in a dance class synchronizing your movements with your classmates and dancing along to the beats.

If you're not into group fitness, competition, or loud music this probably isn't for you.

Indoor cycling creates lean muscle, burns fat during sprints and builds muscle when resistance is increased.

Stair Stepper

This is the perfect way to start your workout if you are looking to tone or strengthen your legs, glutes, hamstrings, quadriceps, or calves. This machine will aid you in burning calories extremely quickly. Increasing your level somewhere between an 8 to a 12 will be the fastest way to burn calories.

If you don't have the best coordination or get bored of repetitive motions, this may not be for you. The first few times you try this out, you may have to keep your eyes on your feet the entire time to ensure you don't fall or miss a step, but once your muscle memory kicks in you will be fine.

Hot Power Yoga

Get ready to sweat. If you enjoy the detoxifying feeling of sweat leaving your pores through an intense workout, please try this out. Power yoga is not to be confused with regular yoga or (traditional Ashtanga practice). Power yoga, (with different names depending on your studio) is a faster pace yoga focussing on strength.

If you are looking for a more relaxing practice, this may be too fast-paced for your liking.

I would advise you to bring a towel, maybe even two and stay hydrated.

Deep Stretch Yoga

If you feel like you hold onto stress and unwanted energy easily, this practice was made for you. We hold stress is places that are hard to relieve, unless you practice these stretches. For example, did you know a lot of stress is held in our hips? You may not even know certain areas of your body are tense or are holding these stressors until you rid your body of them, and recognize the difference.