First Time As A Commuter

First Time As A Commuter

Commuting Tips for a First Timer
308

After my first successful semester as a commuter, I have some advice for others who might consider being a commuter. Here are some tips on being a commuter at Stevenson.

1. Get involved with clubs

This has helped me get involved in college a lot. Joining clubs or organizations is a great way to meet people, make friends, and enjoy college to its fullest. Even if you don`t live on campus, you can still join things!

2. Get involved with the Commuter Student Association (CSA)

As an e-board member, I can tell you it is great because we try to help commuters as much as possible get acclimated to the school. Whether it`s their first semester or last, CSA is here to help! We do many activities, and are always around to ask questions. Look out for CSA in the future! "No matter how you get here we are here for you!" (Slogan)

3. Take time to enjoy college, even if you do not live on campus

There are many resources around for all students. Many of the events at Stevenson are for all students, even if you are a commuter. Stay in the know about these events on social media, and flyers around campus. If you are not sure, just ask!

4. Commuter Card

Many students don`t know even about their commuter card. It can get your discounts at the dining places, and other stuff too. The card also has information about Gas, and local repair shops around the school if needed!

Good Luck if you are thinking about commuting in the future, I honestly can say it is a good thing if you get involved. Many times people don`t get involved and feel alone but no need to worry, we are here for you!