5 Great Ways To Keep Your Nails Healthy

5 Great Ways To Keep Your Nails Healthy

My nails HAVE to look good whether natural or polished, so I use some of these tips to keep them this way.

949
10prettylittlethings.blogspot.com

Nails, for some, are the bane of existence. One cannot live their life happily if their nails are not up to par.

This is why it is really important to keep your natural nails healthy in order for your mind to be at ease with your lovely nails. A lot of people do not understand how to properly care and maintain their fingernails, which can lead to a lot of nails breaking and some cringe-worthy nails overall.

Here are five great ways to keep your nails healthy.

1. Use nail oil daily.

Nail oil helps to keep your nails beautiful, moist, and flexible during day-to-day activities. It helps to keep your nails from breaking and it keeps them from drying out.

Make sure to use nail oils that specifically list jojoba oil as one of the first three ingredients, as this is the best type of oil for your nails' health.

2. NEVER buff your nails.

Buffing your nails leads to the decreasing of the layers of your nails. This means that your nails will be more vulnerable and more likely to break and bend during simplistic activities.

It is safer to avoid any type of buffer in any form. If you do not buff your nails, they will be able to grow and become stronger naturally. Buffing is never necessary, no matter what nail companies try to sell to you.

3. File only one way.

Filing your nails from side to side or on top of the nail itself can actually lead to your nails breaking and becoming weak. This is something every nail lover wants to avoid every day.

Make sure to file in one direction across the bottom of your nail if you need to make them shorter, as it keeps your nails healthier than going from side to side or reverting to using a nail clipper, which will snap your nail.

4. Don't bite your nails.

Of course, don’t succumb to the urge of biting your nails because it leads to your nails being weak, breaking, and becoming ugly overall.

Biting your nails can be avoided in several ways, such as using nail polish with a foul taste, keeping your nails – and your hands for the matter – too busy to bite, and through finding another means to fulfill your biting needs.

5. Keep your nails short enough.

Keeping your nails short enough for whichever lifestyle you are a part of can help keep your nails longlasting and healthy. If your nails are far too long for your work life and daily life, then they will be more prone to break and be weaker.

If you do not have a life where you need to use your hands roughly or a lot each day, then long nails could be the best choice for you if you prefer.

Hopefully, these nail care tips will keep the world’s nails healthy and beautiful so no one has to stress about their nail care. Of course, these tips are only a few of the hundreds of ways for people who love and care about their natural nails to keep them healthy.