If You Don't Take Time For Yourself To Find Out Who You Are, Then Will You Ever Really Know?

Quarter-life crisis, anyone?

257

I've been criticizing myself for years and it hasn't worked. Nothing changed. I mean how can I expect a change to happen if I just keep doing the same things? Exactly.

I wake up each day and I look in the mirror, immediately judging myself for numerous things. Whether it's smeared makeup that I should've taken off before I went to bed, my messy hair, knowing I ate a lot the day before or realizing that I'm going to have to rush to get ready because I let myself sleep in, there is always something.

Recently, I've had a hell of a lot going on in my life. Whether it's work, school, extracurriculars, a guy, friends, homework, family, etc., I struggle with finding time for myself.... especially time to accept myself or make a change. And sure, I have alone time in the car or when I'm lounging around watching Netflix and that's honestly not the same as making time for yourself.

Making time for yourself is different than giving yourself time. And yes, you do have the time. So don't waste it like thousands of people do each and every day.

Personally, I get so caught up in trying to make a living or in setting myself up for my future that I forget to make a life for myself right now too.

What I've had to come to terms with is that:

Making time for yourself is doing something that the future you will be thankful for.

Disconnect. Enjoy your own company. Take a thorough listen to what you commonly refer to as silence and you'll find that the world itself is actually quite comforting and relaxing on its own.

And whatever is good for your soul, do that. It really is okay to be happy with a calm life. Think about it like this: if you always do what's good for you and what makes you happy, at least one person will be pleased.

You have to find that place that brings out the human in you. It brings out the love for life and the uniqueness of your soul.

You won't be distracted by comparison if you are captivated with purpose. So, find your purpose. Find what sets your soul on fire and run with it. Take that time to find your best self because I promise you, it's worth it.