Why Finding A Respectful Boyfriend Is So Hard For Young Women
Dating

Finding A Respectful Man In This Generation Is Like Playing A Game Of 'Where's Waldo'

It's funny when guys say that they think catcalling is a compliment. Well, I don't remember compliments making me feel like throwing up but alright.

152
sign saying "I don't need a man."

The male population in this generation are horrendous.

It has gotten to the point where women are surprised when they meet a gentleman when that shouldn't be the case. I don't know who to blame for this one. Maybe their mother never taught them how to treat a lady or maybe their fathers didn't help in that area because they were too focused on teaching them football and "manly things," or maybe it's the sons' fault.

I'm thinking its the latter.

To be a female in this era is to be a target, preyed on by the opposite sex by being stereotyped as weak and oblivious to the world men have made up in their heads which involves them being superior. It is an era where women have become victims of the male ego.

My point isn't to generalize all men because I'm sure there are copious amounts of nice gentlemen out there, but my point is to show that finding nice gentlemen like these is a rare occurrence. Now don't get this confused with the stereotype that men must always pay the bill and must always do certain things, I think it should be even, however some things fall under respect. I don't need you to hold the door open for me, but it's a nice thing to do just like you would hold the door for someone else behind you as a kind gesture also known as respect.

This generation has a tremendous lack of respect for females as mothers and daughters who are in the working field or in the home atmosphere. Men have little idea what its like to be catcalled on streets, walking to your car with a key in between your fingers constantly paranoid that someone could attack you at any moment just because they believe that you're a female so that makes you weak. Now granted women do have different body structures than men but this does not mean that we are weak!

Strength goes beyond the body, it is within the mind as well, and if you are a guy who thinks that they can just overpower a woman based on how she sizes up to you then you have a wrong thing coming. Women are so strong. it has been known that women are much better at multitasking than men, meaning we can handle many things that come our way good or bad. But we're weak? We literally give birth to humans! But we're weak? WHERE IS THE RESPECT?

There's a protocol us females have to go through when being catcalled and can't get out of it. We are told to look down, keep walking, don't make eye contact, don't say anything because you don't want any trouble. Well, I'm sick of not being able to walk down the street or down my school halls or in a subway ordering food without getting catcalled and I sure am tired of not saying anything about it. I have no idea when men decided that screaming vulgar comments at me in public would make me want to go talk to them. It makes me want to run the other way! Catcalling someone doesn't make you a man, It makes you a coward.

The lack of respect the patriarchy has for women is sickening. Women are starting to fight back and make our presence known. To those of you who still believe that women are only on this earth to clean house, raise children, and look good for you, then be prepared for your opinion to become a minority because we no longer are one. We are no longer standing in the background.