13 Bible Verses For The Soul That Feels Purposeless

Please remember that feelings lie. God's word does not.
1099

Life is hard, and it often gets the best of us. If we aren't careful, we can fall into bad habits and easily be trapped by the lies of society. We're not pretty enough, smart enough, skinny enough, etc etc, to be alive anymore. That's a pretty big accusation.

Some believe that if they don't do anything life changing or major, then there's no reason for them to be alive anymore. Well, let me tell you, you're wrong. Your presence is so needed in this world. You don't have to do anything major. You don't have to be a size 0. You just have to be you — that is your purpose.

For the times when your soul gets tired of the ways of this world and you start to believe the lies that you aren't needed here, please open your Bible and realize that you are so, so needed here. Emotions lie. God doesn't.

1. For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. — Jeremiah 29:11

Even when we don't know what the future holds, the Lord does. He has a plan for your life; don't ever forget that.

2. Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again — Psalm 42:5

We must worship hardest when it is hardest to worship. When you feel sad or discouraged, turn to God and praise Him again and again.

3. So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord! — Psalm 31:24

If you put your hope in Him, you will have His strength.

4. Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. — Philippians 4:6

One of my personal favorites. Prayer is the answer to anything; we don't have to worry about anything.

5. I cry out to God Most High, to God who will fulfill his purpose for me. — Psalm 57:2

Cry out to Him when you feel like you have no purpose. He will always fulfill the plans He has for you.

6. You can make many plans, but the Lord's purpose will prevail. — Proverbs 19:21

No matter what plans you make in life, good or bad, you can't do anything without the Lord. His purpose for your life will win over.

7. But I have spared you for a purpose--to show you my power and to spread my fame throughout the earth. — Exodus 9:16

God uses us and has a plan for each person. We were made to tell others about Him and spread His Name.

8. Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. — Proverbs 3:5

Like I said, emotions lie. Trust in Jesus because He is the truth. Your own thoughts will trip you up sometimes.

9. And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. — Romans 8:28

Love the Lord. He has a purpose for you, and it is good and everything will work out. And if it feels like it's not working out right now, it's not the end.

10. But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. — Jeremiah 17:7

He is all that we need. And because we trust in Him when it's not easy, He will bless that faithfulness.

11. But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in You. — Psalm 56:3

Put your trust in Him at all times, especially when you are afraid.

12. All you who fear the Lord, trust the Lord! He is your helper and your shield. — Psalm 115:11

If you feel like you can't handle what life is throwing at you, know that God is your shield and that He will only allow to pass what He knows you can handle. He will help you with anything that is too much.

13. For the word of the Lord holds true, and we can trust everything he does. — Psalm 33:4

His Word is the truth! Everything He says and all of His plans are for good. We can trust everything that He does because He has our best intentions in mind.