Choose Happiness

Choose Happiness

Choose to find joy in the mess.
12

In today's society, it has become even harder to see the beauty in life and be content with ourselves. Social media and the thoughts of everyone around us has become our god that we continually let destroy our contentment with anything. The impending issues of our world seem deafening, and the want for peace and genuine happiness is lost to a crumby compromise of lies said to feed our wants and needs. In short, when we give into the lies and false hopes that bring us down even more we are choosing unhappiness. Being happy is a choice we have to make for ourselves. At the very core of us, God created us with the ability to love and be joyful, but we have chose to accept; happiness can't be forced. I know that in this day and age it seems impossible to be happy on any level, but trust me there are many reasons to be. It will never be perfect, but it will be genuine.

At any given time or place, close your eyes for a moment and then open them. Look closely at the land before you. Nature is a beautiful thing. Green grass, tall trees, colorful flowers, and soft winds; a stunning motion picture and a symphony all in one. A moment in nature is a moment in another world. One that will remind you that the world we live in is good.

A voice. We are given the great ability to speak and share our thoughts, and believe it or not, it doesn't always have to be for negative purposes. Sure there are a lot of issues in our world, but fighting fire with fire is never the answer. Use your voice to inspire a positive change or influence. Have you ever given someone an unexpected compliment, and you both were left with an undeniable smile? Wars and lies aren't solved over night, but the simple choice to choose to use our voice for good can make all the difference in the world.

These are just a couple of reasons to choose to be happy, but like I said before there are various reasons. You just have to be willing to take a minute to look.