How To Understand Your Zodiac Chart

How To Find and Understand Your Star Chart

Whether you believe in astrology or not, it's fun to see what the universe thinks about you.

192
https://unsplash.com/photos/sDUEd0BP0aI
Unsplash.com

To begin, you have to understand that your zodiac is more than just your birth month. A zodiac chart is basically a map of where the planets were in orbit at the time you were born. The location of each planet plays a role in your personality and actions. For example, your moon sign explains how you view and handle emotions while your cancer sign explains your tendencies around aggression.

In order to find your birth chart, you need to know the exact time you were born (ask your mom), where you were born, and the date itself. That should be enough, but some websites may ask for more specific answers. Whatever website or app that you're using will then do its calculations and tell you your birth chart. A reliable app to try is Co-Star. You put in your birth information and it gives you your chart, as well as daily updates. You can also add friends on this app and see how their zodiac signs compare with yours.

Sun Sign

Your Sun sign is what you first think of when you hear the question, "What's your zodiac sign?" It's the big one, the one that summarizes your whole being. It represents your ego and identity. It's who you are in your soul.

Moon Sign

Your Moon sign is, as I mentioned previously, how you feel things and how you express your emotions. It's entirely possible that you relate more to this sign as it reflects your state of being when you're alone. This sign can explain odd moods that you may be going through.

Rising Sign

Next is your Rising sign. This can sometimes be known as your Ascending, but it is pretty much the same thing. This sign represents the way that you present yourself to the world. It shows you how you come off to other people. This sign changes every two hours, so if it doesn't feel right, make sure that you got your birth time right.

Mercury Sign

Next is Mercury. This sign position tells you how you communicate and process information. It's the logical side of you, so it can also explain how you learn.

Venus Sign

Your Venus sign is pretty self-explanatory. It explains how and what you love. If you're having love issues, check your Venus sign horoscope. Your Venus sign will also explain your tendencies toward affection and the qualities that you admire in lovers.

Mars Sign

Mars is the sign of aggression. This sign explains how you assert yourself and how you handle conflict. Mars is also ruling over your sexual tendencies and ambition.

Jupiter Sign

Your Jupiter sign is the sign of growth, expansion, and progress. Look to Jupiter when you're planning a goal or a big move.

Saturn Sign

Saturn rules over responsibility and self-discipline. This sign will basically call you out when you're holding yourself back or indulging too much.

Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto Signs

Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto are all generational signs since they tend to stay in the same location for years on end. Uranus rules over innovation and progress. If you're in college right now, chances are that your Uranus sign is in Aquarius. This means that this generation is unconventional, intellectual, and detached when it comes to our ideals on moving forward. Neptune rules over dreams and imagination. This generation's Neptune is also in Aquarius. This means that this generation tends to be logical when planning for our futures. They reach for the extremes because their imaginations allow them to dream big. Finally, Pluto rules over power and transformation. This generation's Pluto sign is in Sagittarius. This means that this generation tends to be positive, free-spirited, and optimistic.