To The Feminists Hating On Disney Princesses, Please Just Stop

Don't undermine kids, it's a lot worse than watching a Disney movie.

631

There is so much out there now that people nitpick and tear at and turn nothing into something. Please leave the magical world of Disney alone. If you're not a fan, then you're not a fan, its okay. So, please don't try to destroy the magic of others.

Disney, at least animated Disney, is mainly for children. And trust me, a little toddler is not going to be worrying about selling his or her soul to an evil sea witch. Not sure if you've noticed, but evil sea witches aren't real, or at least we don't see them.

The princesses get a lot of bad rep because of their life choices, but what is failed to be seen are the deeper meanings behind the stories. The focus is what's on the surface instead, like princes kissing sleeping girls. Sure, it's not consensual but you're telling me you'd rather be in a death coma for the rest of eternity than have a man kiss you??

According to these stories, these princes are the love of their life! And they always end up married in the end! Which, by the way, is one hundred percent consensual!

If you'd rather read the original stories to your kids growing up, by all means, do so. However, you will find, Sleeping Beauty gets raped, the Little Mermaid dies, both Snow White and Cinderella murder their step-family, and I could go on. Disney is simply trying to make these folktales, kid-friendly.

Everyone can take a little something from every princess story that Disney has created. And most kids just like watching the movies and singing the songs.

From Snow White, we learn wishes can come true. Always be open to new experiences and new friends. No matter what life throws your way, stay positive and kind. Don't let mirrors/your image run your life. Don't accept food from strangers.

From Cinderella, we learn that hard work pays off. To be patient and kind. Don't waste time. It's always okay to take a night for yourself.

From Aurora, we learn that dreams can come true. To never give up. Never be afraid to explore. As well as, there's nothing odd about being raised by more than one mom.

From Ariel, we learn that one's voice is powerful beyond measure. It takes strength to be a single parent (Especially with seven daughters). Parents can be over-protective sometimes but they always have your best interests at heart. Curiosity can lead to great opportunities. Also, it is what's on the inside that truly counts.

From Belle, we learn to stand up for yourself. Be brave. Be confident. It's okay to be different. Reading rocks! Don't judge a book by its cover. And again, true beauty is what is on the inside. listen to your heart.

From Jasmine, we learn that we are the only ones who can choose our own destiny. Traveling the world can be life-changing. Forgiveness is always a good choice. You can't buy true love. Pride and vanity always cause one's downfall.

From Pocahontas, we learn not to lose hope, something's always waiting just around the river bend. Walk in the footsteps of a stranger and you'll learn things you never knew you never knew. Respect nature and the world around you. Stand up for what you believe in. Grandma's are very wise.

From Mulan, we learn that women are just as strong as men, if not stronger. Family always comes first. Follow your heart. You don't have to be "quiet and demure, graceful, polite, delicate, refined, poised and punctual" you just have to be you. Be adventurous and don't listen to others opinions.

From Tiana, we learn to dare to dream. Hard work pays off, but sometimes we need to take a step back to take care of ourselves. If all you think about is the future, you're going to miss the beauty of everyday life. Also, STAY AWAY from voodoo and dark magic.

From Rapunzel, we learn don't be afraid to get out of your comfort zone. People who truly love you will not tear you down. It's alright for your dream to change. Express yourself. Be yourself. Don't do be afraid.

From Elsa and Anna, we learn it doesn't take a man to save the day. Love is stronger than hate and fear. Family is important. Embrace what makes you unique. Love chocolate. A sense of humor is an amazing trait. If someone seems too good to be true, there's a possibility they are. Love with all your heart and give warm hugs.

From Moana, we learn to always follow your heart. Nobody is perfect. Nothing can stand in your way when you believe in yourself. Confidence goes a long way. If you know your calling than follow it. With a bit of determination, you can do anything. Look inside for true beauty.

There are so many other Disney princesses I didn't mention who are equally important in teaching young kids so many important morals.

If you're not comfortable with how young the princesses are getting married, just tell your kids that the princesses obviously waited until they were 25 to get married, until your kiddos are old enough to understand that it was the time era. Or if you are 100% against telling little white lies to your kids (good luck) then tell them all about the time era. History lesson!

As far as all the wicked step-mothers, evil queens, and overall evil middle-aged women, trust me, you're their mom, they aren't going to villainize the person who loves them unconditionally and who they love with all their little hearts. It's just not how their minds work, don't undermine your kids, its a lot worse than watching a Disney movie.

So hey, if you're not a Disney person, that's fine, but don't spoil our magic or the kids magic. In the end, that's really what it's all about. Magic.