​How I Know Feminism Doesn’t Exist

​How I Know Feminism Doesn’t Exist

My mom paved the way for our family, go do the same for yours.
277

Marches, movements, walks, races, stampedes, protests, riots; all for feminism.

I know I can potentially face harsh criticism due to the title and subject of this article, but even though I’m a male, I’ve had plenty experience with the opposite sex in my 22 years. I’ve had female teachers and professors, I’ve been pulled over by female police officers, I’ve had female bosses and mentors, but most of all, I’ve had a mother.

I also have a father; their names are not important, though. I respect both of my parents, I have the utmost respect for both of my parents. But, my mother, my mother is extraordinary. If this article wasn’t about feminism, then I would go on and on and about my dad, he’s super cool too! But, what seems to be half of the country distraught over President Trump being the president, I figured I would talk about my mom since she’s a female and all!

My mom is a Senior Executive at a Fortune 500 company. My mom makes more money than my dad. My mom controls all the finances. My mom is the breadwinner. My mom crushes the game in corporate America. My mom climbed the corporate ladder. My mom is successful. My mom has every single right my dad has. My mom is a female.

My dad works a blue-collar job for the utility company. My dad is very well compensated for someone who doesn’t have a college degree. My dad drives my brother back and forth to football practice. My dad cooks dinner every night. My dad runs the carpool for brothers SAT prep class. My dad picked me up from my friend's house before I could drive myself. My dad unloads the dishwasher every night. My dad is a male.

So basically what I’m trying to say is that my parent's roles in life are reversed.

No, that is not what I am trying to say or portray by any means. What I’m trying to say is, this is normal, this is my family’s life, this is many other peoples' lives, this is modern day America.

My family, which includes my misogynist self, mom, dad, and brother, have an on-going joke in our house. We always kid that if something (god forbid) happened to my mom unexpectedly, my dad would literally have no idea what to do first. Pay the mortgage? Pay the utilities? Which bank even holds the mortgage? Pay the car lease? Do we even lease our cars??? All joking aside, my parents are cool with the roles that they have, it’s what keeps their marriage strong, it’s what makes them, them.

Many of you may think I’m some bigot who lives in some weird reverse household. But, in reality, I’m just a 21st century male who has a mother that never saw being a female as an issue, who has a mother that knew her gender would never pose a problem, who has a mother that is not a feminist, and I am forever thankful for that.

So ladies, march on! You’ll be out there in the rain, sleet, hail, and snow; I cannot stop you, we cannot stop you. But, we hear you, we respect you, we are equal. There’s no point in trying to convince anyone any further, people are going to fight for what they believe is right, more power to you!

But, shout out to MY MOM! Not only are you the strongest, most successful PERSON, not woman, PERSON, I know, you know your worth and you know you have the power to do ANYTHING you want. Thanks for instilling this in me. Thanks for knowing we’re all equal.

And, to my pops, now is the time I should thank you for letting your wife take the reigns in life, but wait, I don’t have to thank you. You didn’t ‘let’ her take the reigns, you didn’t let her do anything, she did that all on her own. So thanks, dad, thanks for accepting your wife for being more than just your wife; both of your views will be with me wherever and forever.

To the people who feel President Trump, people like myself, or men, in general, are a threat, please take a step back. Please reread this article. Please understand that my family is not the only family who operates like this. Go make a name for yourself in whatever field may be your desired. Stop marching dressed as female reproductive organs, please. Go conquer the world, my mom sure did!