A Letter To Freshman Girls

First off I want to start off by saying congratulations on making it to college! It is so amazing to see women continuing to do well. You are now just starting to settle into college and your new life. As a now college Senior, I have some words of advice that I wish I would have known back then.

First off, do not dress to impress. Seriously, you are not here for anyone other than yourself. You are strong, confident, and ready to take on the world. Dress like you has a dream of doing something bigger than just college or a boy! Dress like you wants to be somebody and not something! It is good to be called conservative because later down the line it will be worth it.

Wear sweat pants the first day and don't feel judged. It is just college. You are there for a grade, not to walk down the runway.

When finals come to play do not jump the gun to blame your teachers. I feel like most people should remember this. It is so easy to blame our professors for making the exams to hard or for the test we didn't pass but it comes down to us. Remember we are paying them to grade us! They hold our fate in our hands. We can pass or fail based on them! Professors are not evil people. They do generally care about their students if you give them the time to do so!

Drinking is not that fun. Drinking may seem fun until something bad happens. It doesn't have to be you but it can happen to anyone. Your friends can be affected, your family, and even you. I apologize for this seeming so scary but the statistics do not lie. They are scary. If you do plan on drinking a drink with your family or with extremely close friends. Do NOT go out to random people's house parties.

School comes first. Remember you went to college for a degree, not for parties. You are paying thousands of dollars to receive a degree. Don't waste your time and your money.

Now that you are out of your house, do not forget to listen to your parents. How else do you think you go where you are today? Your parents raised you and are standing pretty firm on their feet. You are still learning to walk metaphorically. Trust me, as a college senior, I have started to learn from my parents and the mentors in my life.

Speaking of learning, make sure you can do as much of it as you can. This is where you learn. This maybe the last years in which you have all freedom to learn about anything you want. Do not waste the resources you have. Millions of people wish they had the opportunity that you have!

Finally, have fun! This is your time to grow. You are starting to learn about yourself. High school me looks a lot different than college me. I have fun all the time but still have time to grow!

Sincerely,

A College Senior