Feeling Lost Can Help Us Find Ourselves
Life Stages

Being Lost Is Sometimes The Only Way To Find Ourselves

When feeling lost, always look forward.

145
https://unsplash.com/photos/3BqzXdQFJvc

Sometimes, I ask myself what I should do if I am ever feeling lost or misguided. How can I find myself and reconnect with myself? How is it that from one moment to another I thought I had everything figured out, but it turns out that is not the case. Sometimes, I guess all it takes is for us to be reminded of something that may take you to that space. How is it possible that one can often feel so lost and confused?

I feel like the younger we are, the easier it is to be overwhelmed and the easier it is for us to lose track. Lately, I've been feeling like I've lost track of my goals and what I want to do with my life. This is worst in my case since I tend to overthink, analyze everything in front of me, and play out every possible scenario in my head.

Sometimes I realize that thinking this way leads me to feel like I am losing. I also feel like I cry for help but no one seems to listen, and it seems that no one gives my ears what I need to hear. I am currently a senior in college and this is the time when most people know what they want to do with their lives.

Honestly, I don't know if anyone else has felt this way in my friend group. I am the oldest and no one else has gotten to this point. I've noticed that when people often feel upset and feel emotional, they tend to post more on social media. Which is what I have been doing a lot of, without realizing it. One of my friends that lives a bit far texted me and asked me what was going on and why I felt sad. I opened up like a brand-new book that has never been opened, and I am surprised she was not overwhelmed.

She said that she felt the same way as I did and really does not know what to do either. Do you do something because you know you'll never do it again, or is it better to jump start something that is inevitable to escape?

Is it better at our age to start with our adult lives or is it better for us to live a little and enjoy our youth? I know older people say it's better to enjoy your youth so you do not look back and say: "What if?" But also, you can look at it and say you "lived a little too much" and missed a great opportunity to get ahead in your life.

While talking to my friend, I realized that time is vital, and sometimes, even though we want to do something, it is better to do what is best for us, even if it's not what we really want. This is the most critical time and it defines what we will do for the rest of our lives.

My sadness is not really me feeling upset, it's me worrying that something may not work out in my favor, but I have to realize that this is what going into new chapters feels like and that feeling scared is normal.