Sometimes You Feel Lost

Sometimes You Feel Lost

Finding yourself is the best adventure.

377
Sometimes You Feel Lost
A Mission For Michael

When you reach a time of your life, full of drastic change, a lot of times you either thrive or wilt. Periods of change can be intimidating, and as much as all of us would love to embrace it, facing a whole new world can be terrifying. Because of this fear of a new world, a fear of change, many of us lose ourselves completely. Whether we lose sight of our original goals and morals or we just get lost in the difference and become a sad ghost of our vibrant selves, sometimes we forget who we truly are. This is a terrifying feeling, and it is extremely overwhelming to deal with, but it is not the end of the world — it just gives you a chance to change your world as you know it.

It's okay to get lost — it happens to everyone at one point in life — but finding yourself can be one of the greatest adventures you can come across in your life. The key to success in this process of almost "rebirth" is to detox. Make sure you rid yourself of as much negativity as possible, but the goal is to either fade out of the lives of those who impact you negatively. Do not burn the bridge. Although plenty of people wouldn't bat an eye at burning bridges with negative people, the metaphorical smoke and ash that resonates where the bridge once stood will ultimately change the environment, leaving a long-lasting toxin in the air. The last thing you want to do is inhale the resonating toxins. Instead of burning the bridges, develop an alternative path so no one has to be "burned" in the process.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F02%2F24%2F635919363997588798-1798148089_feeling-lost-why-i-started-.gif&ho=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com&s=39&h=fd7713c05da181d505695f3743e5444446b0df1e19233336ce301806de2d0b20&size=980x&c=3344243539 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F02%252F24%252F635919363997588798-1798148089_feeling-lost-why-i-started-.gif%26ho%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com%26s%3D39%26h%3Dfd7713c05da181d505695f3743e5444446b0df1e19233336ce301806de2d0b20%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3344243539%22%7D" expand=1]

Putting yourself first at a time that you feel lost is important. Making sure you feel good about how you look and feel physically can promote confidence and allow you to feel better in your skin. These very "shallow" things can contribute to a more positive mental outlook, but of course, your state of mind is the most important. Whether you have to dress a certain way or consider a lifestyle change, you have to pursue what makes you happy as long as it is healthy for your mind and body.

Dive into hobbies and interests, reconnect with those roots that drove you to pursue things that you are passionate about and even expand and further develop these hobbies. By doing this, you may discover more about yourself, unlocking further potential to help you feel better connected with the world around you. Reaffirming yourself with things that bring you joy is key to establishing yourself as a better person.

Getting lost is a part of life, but overall, it isn't the worst thing in the world. It allows you to redevelop yourself and learn how to unlock passion and internal happiness.