Feel Confident At The Gym

Don't Let The Gym Bros Scare You, Here Are 9 Tips For Feeling More Confident In The Gym

Sometimes the gym can be pretty intimidating, especially when you see a bunch of huge, muscular guys huffing and puffing as they lift twice their body weight.

33

It's getting to that time of year where if you haven't already stopped working towards your New Year goals, you're likely thinking about it. For a lot of people, that means they stop going to the gym. Sometimes the gym can be pretty intimidating, especially when you see a bunch of huge, muscular guys huffing and puffing as they lift twice their body weight. However, you need to be mentally strong as well, and hopefully, these tips can keep you motivated and confident!

1. First and foremost, you need to realize and believe most people aren't going to be paying attention to you

The number one concern most people at the gym have is that they feel like they're being watched. More often than not, people are more focused on themselves than others. It can be easy, especially as a girl, to feel like you're being watched. Just keep reminding yourself that they don't care what you're doing, and even if they do, that doesn't matter or change your workout.

2. Act like you know what you're doing, even if you don't!

If you come off as confident and look like you know your stuff, people who are watching will likely be impressed.

3. Listen to loud music that pumps you up

This will help keep you focused on yourself and motivate you even more.

4. Get involved in classes

This is a great way to switch up your routine and try new things to keep yourself interested in going to the gym.

5. Find a workout buddy

Even if you don't specifically do your workouts together, having a gym buddy will hold you more accountable for making it to the gym.

6. Create a routine

Putting the gym in your schedule and trying to go around the same time helps keep things consistent and it will just feel like part of your day rather than a task you have to do.

7. If you really feel uncomfortable at you gym, try other gyms

Most gyms have a few days for a free trial, so this is the best way to make sure you will feel good at the gym. Being comfortable in the gym is going to make a huge difference when it comes to your motivation for working out. If you feel awkward and like you don't belong there, you may not work out as long or do as much as you're capable of doing.

8. Keep track of your progress

While seeing physical results may take a while, writing down differences in times and weights will give you a visual of your progress. Seeing this will help keep you motivated so you are aware of what is changing and you will want to keep going.

9. Have fun!

Working out should not be a chore. You should find ways to make it fun and rewarding. Always try new things and stay confident!