Feel Confident Going To Prom Alone

Feel Confident Going To Prom Alone

Going to prom alone can a person upset, but it shouldn't.

1425
Feel Confident Going To Prom Alone
Facebook

Prom season is coming up and you're anticipating the long day of pampering, dressing up, posing for pictures, and enjoying the night with your best friends. However, you may also be feeling nervous and alone if you are going to your prom without a date. Going to prom by yourself does not mean that you're unattractive or boring. I went to my junior and senior prom alone and I had the best time of my life. You have nothing to fear going alone. I've had friends wish they went to their prom by themselves so they didn't have to deal with the extra preparations and making sure their dates were having a good time as well. If you're feeling nervous and want some tips on how to feel confident walking in solo, here are 11 things I learned from going alone.

1. Don't psych yourself out by thinking you won't have a good time going alone.

2. Find other friends that are going alone and go together as a group.

3. Give yourself a pep talk in the mirror before you head out; telling yourself how great you look and how you're gonna rock that dance floor.

4. Get together with some friends for pictures at a local park or lake. Just because they have dates, doesn't mean they can't take pictures with their gals.

5. Buy yourself a corsage so you won't feel left out. Be your own date.

6. Don't sit at the table or on the sidelines while you watch everyone else dance. Get in there and dance your butt off.

7. Let yourself have fun going alone. Not having a date doesn't mean you shouldn't go or have fun there. It's supposed to be a night of fun, so have fun.

8. Make plans to hangout with your friends once prom ends. Just because the music stopped playing, doesn't mean the night should be over.

9. Take lots of pictures of you and your friends. You will make some of the best memories you will ever have and you'll want pictures to look back on.

10. Just breathe. Going alone isn't the end of the world and you will be so grateful that you went to prom.

11. Strut your stuff when walking in alone. You'll look great, don't hide it; embrace it.

Enjoy yourself while going alone. I had the best time of my life going to both proms alone. Friends, family, and other peers will also be impressed with you for going alone. They'll confess how they probably wouldn't have been so brave. You're not just being brave, you're going to have fun and to make those great memories with your friends. You don't need a date to prom to have fun.