Picture Perfect Posing

Picture Perfect Posing

How to take a flattering photo.

8676
Picture Perfect Posing

With recruitment right around the corner and summer goodbyes taking place, cameras are flashing none stop. Flattering or not, these photos will end up all over social media. 

Stop the panic from the notification saying you have been tagged in a photo. Stop avoiding the camera or hiding behind the lens. Here are nine tricks to ensure you look picture perfect in your next photo. 

1. Angle your face. Unless you're Heidi Klum, the head on shot isn't a good idea. Your face will look chubbier than it is. Instead, angle your head slightly upward or downward, focusing on a point right above your eye level. 
  2. This one isn't a secret. The hand on the hip pose. Angle yourself 45 degrees toward the camera to avoid straight on shot. Prop the arm closest to the camera on your hip. Nobody likes how their arms look flattened against their side. 
  3. Whether you're sitting or standing, cross your ankles. This little trick will instantly slim your hips and make your legs appear longer and leaner. 
  4. Understand the basic rule of proportions. Whatever is closest to the camera will appear larder. What you angle backward will appear smaller. In group photos, being in the middle you will appear smaller than being on the end. All about proportions. 
  5. Unless you have perfected the mouth closed smile. (Or you're an Olsen twin). Smile with your teeth. It's more natural. Chances are, if you don't you'll resemble the grinch. 
  6. Bend your joints. Wrists, ankles, elbows, knees. Bend it like Beckham baby. It's just more natural and natural is key. 
  7. Head first. This goes back to proportions. Lean your head forward so it is closer to the camera. Your whole body will appear slimmer.
  8. Tight isn'r right. When dressing yourself before photos, know what fits your body. If you wear something too loose, well you're going to look larger. But if you wear something too tight, the camera's flash will reveal every lump and pump. 
  9. Fake it til' you make it. Even if you aren't a supermodel, act like you are. Confidence is key to the perfect photo.