How I Got Clear Skin In Just 2 Weeks: My Personal Skincare Routine

Trust me, if you want to maintain happy and healthy clear skin, read this…

123

So the thing is, I've always struggled with the clearness of my skin. I've tried it all from Clean and Clear to Ole Henderson, but nothing had seemed to work for a long period of time. My face would get clear in like a month and then it would go right back to being oily, with pimples popping up in the same places (cheeks and T-Zone area).

I finally came to the realization that instead of using name brand and overly commercialized skincare products that claimed bright and supple skin, it was time to go "old-school" and start using the au naturel products that my father had been preaching were magic, for years.

I also learned that I needed to change my diet very slightly so that I could avoid the retrieval of that oh-so-annoying cheek and T-Zone acne.

WATER is sooo important if you want to maintain clear skin. You need to strive to drink at least 64 oz of water each day and leave sugary sodas and juices behind. When I drink all of that oh-so-delicious water, my mind feels clearer, my face feels brighter, and my body feels clean and rejuvenated.

In addition to drinking more water, I realized that minimizing the consumption of processed sugary snacks and desserts, truly helped my pores hold less oil. I remember one time, I went to the 24-hour Bay Coffee and Tea Company on campus because I heard about the most devilishly delicious hot and fresh chocolate chip cookies that were 2 cookies for $1. (if you can't tell by now, I'm obsessed with chocolate chip cookies). After indulging in one delectably chewy bite, I swear, it felt like gallons of oil were gushing out of my cheek pores like Niagara Falls. And that's when I truly realized that oily and sugary food is what fueled my acne.

Now to my prized possession...my daily (morning and night) skincare routine. It's quick and simple and I honestly believe that you too can be on the path to clear oil-free skin with these 7 little products.

Our Earth's Secrets Raw African Soap

wish.com

I start by lathering a generous amount of Our Earth's Secrets Raw African Soap into my hands and then I deposit the suds in circular motions on my face for 60-seconds. This serves as my primary cleanser, removing the first layer of impurities from my skin

Hibiclens Antiseptic Skin Cleanser

health.com

I then lightly dry my hands and take a quarter-sized amount of Hibiclens Antiseptic Skin Cleanser and lather the soap on my face for 60-seconds. This cleanser serves as an agent for removing any leftover bacteria that my primary cleanser did not take away.

91% or 99.9% Alcohol

marketcol.com

Next, I dry my face and apply either 91% or 99.9% alcohol with a cotton ball or pad to remove the oil and dirt from my face. This high percentage of alcohol has a kick that stings a bit, but once this routine becomes normal, it won't faze you anymore.

Witch Hazel

luckyvitamin.com

After the alcohol, I like to use Witch Hazel on my face to serve as a toner. When I use this product it seems to remove even more oil and dirt and clean my large acne-prone pores. Witch Hazel as a toner, also returns the pH balance that the alcohol stripped away from my skin.

Ambi Fade Cream Oily Skin

lifestylemonster.com

I tend to struggle with dark marks from picking or popping pimples, and Ambi Fade Cream Oily Skin truly helps me to remove any dark marks that are invading my face. As long as this product is used twice a day every day, you should see a difference.

Olay Complete Lotion

realsimple.com

For moisturizing purposes, I use a generous quarter-sized amount of Olay Complete Lotion on my skin in the MORNING. I used to only use a dime-sized amount, but then I realized that my face became more oily, by using less lotion. This was because my skin was creating its own "moisture" by producing its own oil. It may sound backward, but, the more moisture you use on your face upfront, the better.

Al Assille Face Oil

facebook.com

Last but not least, at NIGHT, I use 2-3 pumps of Al Assille Face Oil as a moisturizing agent. This oil is a bit heavy, but in the morning, my face feels softer, looks brighter, and doesn't create its own oils that would normally enlarge my pores.

Well, these are the tips that I have for how I try to maintain healthy and clear skin. I hope you'll try this routine and maybe invest in drinking more water, so you too can feel as healthy and rejuvenated as I do.

From Your Site Articles