My Favorite Foo Fighters Songs and My Favorite Lyrics

Have you ever listened to the Foo Fighters?

413
Google

Do you ever just listen to a band that seems to have a song for everything going on in your life? That's who the Foo Fighters are for me. I have been in love with them since 2011, and my obsession with them never stopped. Whether it's Dave Grohl's beautiful face or their music videos, the Foo Fighters always put me in a great mood. Here are some of my favorite songs and their lyrics by them (and in no particular order).

1.) Walk

This song is so empowering and the music video is hilarious. My favorite line from this song is, "You keep alive a moment at a time,but still inside a whisper to a riot, to sacrifice but knowing to survive, the first decline another state of mind". What I interpret from that line is to give, but not too much, and to keep your moments to yourself so no one can take it from you.

2.) All My Life

This song is just amazing. You know exactly what song is playing within .5 seconds just from the guitar riff. My favorite line from this song is, "If I get any closer,And if you open up wide, and if you let me inside, on and on I've got nothing to hide". This is my favorite line because it reminds me of myself trying to get to know others but simultaneously pushing them away.

3.) The Pretender

My dad and I always joke and say this is the song I will dance with him to at my wedding. Whenever it comes on the radio, you just have to sing it! (And by sing I mean scream it at the top of your lungs). My favorite line from it is, "I'm the voice inside your head, you refuse to hear, I'm the face that you have to face, mirrored in your stare, I'm what's left, I'm what's right, I'm the enemy, I'm the hand that will take you down, bring you to your knees". Whenever I hear this line, it reminds me of all the times I was aware of people being fake and I ignored it because I loved them. You have to learn somehow, right?

4.) Subterranean

This song always calms me down when I'm anxious, and I don't know what I would do without the Foo Fighters to be completely honest. My favorite line is this, "Nothing left within, I've been mined, hell and back again, subterranean; I've been digging in down inside, I will start again, subterranean". Normally when I listen to this song I am thinking deeply about my life and all of the stuff i have gone through.

5.) Headwires

This was my favorite song to listen to while running cross country. It helps clear your head, and is definitely a great stress reliever. "Help you feed the wires when your head unwinds, and if our headlines become entwined,you can have all mine, I'll be fine" is my favorite line from this song. I believe it gives good imagery as to what anxiety feels like.

6.) Aurora

This song helps me sleep on nights where I can't relax enough by myself. It's so soft and pretty, and I just love it so much. "Take me now, we can spin the sun around, and the stars will all come out" is my favorite line. It helped me realize that if I work hard enough I can make an impact on the world.

7.) Ain't It The Life

This used to be my go-to song when I was having a panic attack. To this day, when I listen to it, I feel genuinely relaxed. My favorite line from this song is, "One day we all can say where we're gone, and haunt the ground we're from; Everything's so open wide, hear within the divide". Sometimes all you can do is accept your own mortality, and then live your life to it's fullest.

8.) Have It All

This song reminds me so much of myself that it's intense. I tend to keep on giving and giving until I have nothing left. My favorite line is :"She drains me when I'm empty, She helps herself, She takes it all". Like I said, I need to learn how to give without giving up all of myself. Remember to compromise once in a while.

The Foo Fighters are my favorite band, and they always will be. These songs have been a huge part of my life since I was a kid, and I am honored to have been able to listen to them for as long as I have.