30 Coldplay Lyrics To Live By

30 Coldplay Lyrics To Live By

It's not music, it's poetry.

30640
30 Coldplay Lyrics To Live By
Kelsey Matthews

I'll admit it: I had absolutely no idea what to write this week. Perhaps this is because I was burned out from writing a 3,500-word essay in less than a week, but it was most likely because I was procrastinating (see my article about procrastination). But then it hit me: Why write an article at all when I could just put down a bunch of song lyrics that speak for themselves? This may seem like cheating, but just listening to music while I'm writing is very calming and inspiring, so why not write about it while I'm listening to it?

(If you didn't know already, Coldplay is my absolute favorite band of all time, so just picture me listening to every single Coldplay song that's on my iPod. On a loop. #NoShame)

Even if you don't like Coldplay, they have some incredible lyrics that will stand the test of time. Here are some (or, shall I say, many) of my favorites!

1. "Nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be this hard." - The Scientist

2. "Confidence in you is confidence in me." - High Speed

3. "You get lighter the more it gets dark." - A Sky Full of Stars

4. "Don't wanna see another generation drop, I'd rather be a comma than a full stop." - Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

5. "The truth is that I miss you." - Warning Sign

6. "Life goes on, it gets so heavy, the wheel breaks the butterfly." - Paradise

7. "Lights will guide you home and ignite your bones." - Fix You

8. "We live in a beautiful world, yeah we do, yeah we do." - Don't Panic

9. "Time seemed to say: Forget the world and its weight." - Amazing Day

10. "So come over, just be patient and don't worry." - Death and All His Friends

11. "You cut me down to size and opened up my eyes, made me realize what I could not see." - Swallowed in the Sea

12. "Leave your broken windows open and in the light just streams." - A Head Full of Dreams

13. "I'm ready for the change." - Oceans

14. "I don't know which way I'm going, I don't know which way I've come." - 'Til Kingdom Come

15. "All I know is that I love you so, so much that it hurts." - Ink

16. "Gonna hold up half the sky and say, 'only I own me.' " - Adventure of a Lifetime

17. "I'll be 'round, I'll be loving you always." - Parachutes

18. "Take the fire from my belly and the beat from my heart, still I won't let go." - Hurts Like Heaven

19. " 'I know it's over,' Icarus says to the sun." - Fun (feat. Tove Lo) (It was so difficult to pick a favorite lyric from this song because they're all flawless. Just listen to the whole song and you'll see!)

20. "I'll be standing there beside you right when the storm comes through." - Army of One (Same with this one. Gosh, this album is just so flawless!)

21. "Look at the stars, look how they shine for you and everything you do." - Yellow

22. "Took a car downtown and took what they offered me, to set me free." - Charlie Brown

23. "If you love me, won't you let me know?" - Violet Hill

24. "For some reason I can't explain, I know Saint Peter won't call my name." - Viva La Vida

25. "Life is a drink and love's a drug, oh now I think I must be miles up." - Hymn for the Weekend

26. "I could feel it go down, bittersweet I could taste in my mouth." - The Hardest Part

27. "You want to stop just before you begin, never give in, never give in." - Crests of Waves

28. "Through chaos as it swirls, it's us against the world." - Us Against the World

29. "Time is on your side." - Amsterdam

30. "The changing of winds and the way waters flow, life as short as the falling of snow ." - Everglow

...

And on

and on

and on

...

Seriously, I could probably go on forever with this, but I decided it was time to cut myself off. I could have chosen multiple lyrics from each song too, but by then I probably would have quoted the whole song! Maybe I was lazy with my article this week, but Coldplay means so much to me that I wanted to share some of my favorite lyrics. If you didn't like Coldplay before, hopefully you can at least see now why they're so special to us!