Inspirational Writers With Real Experiences

Finding an author you can relate to.

16
Unsplash

As a writer, I’m constantly on the look out for inspiration. I find it in the people I meet, the articles I read and the experiences I witness every day. I’ve been lucky enough to stumble upon the work of some amazing writers, and even luckier to know a couple. I wanted to share a few of my favorite bloggers – ranging in topics from self-love to finance…there’s something for everyone!

The Quarter Life by Jenna MacLellan
Jenna was a former coworker of mine who had a large interest in finance and the stock market. We were talking one day when we discovered a similar interest for writing. This is when I was introduced to Jenna’s personal blog, The Quarter Life. The blog focuses on a few key topics anyone in their 20s (or 30s) is dealing with: career, money, travel…and life in general. Jenna writes in a conversational tone and after reading a few of her articles, you’ll realize you have a lot in common.

Self Love Beauty, Contributor Gabriella Hoffman
Gabriella is a good friend of mine; our memories started on the preschool playground and have grown to where we are today. As another contributor for The Odyssey’s Self Love Beauty, Gabby’s words speak for themselves in her writings. A pillar of inspiration and positivity, she writes with you in mind. Her stories come from personal experience as she discusses love, careers, and accepting yourself for who you are. Gabriella is an incredibly talented writer and an even better friend.

Huffington Post, Contributor Kate Bartolotta
I was scrolling through social media one day when I kept seeing the same headline: “How to Get Flat Abs, Have Amazing Sex and Rule the World in 8 Easy Steps.” I finally clicked into the article and decided to see what it was all about. Kate Bartolotta grabs your attention with the headline, but shocks you with amazing copy highlighting much more important aspects of life: finding happiness, letting people in, practicing gratitude. A clever writer knows how to find relation, but an even more clever writer knows how to grab your attention. Kate does exactly this in her efforts of being a lifestyle coach and author. Next on my reading list is Kate’s book, “Choose Joy: A Year of Creating the Extraordinary in Everyday Life.

With the piles and piles of information being thrown at us daily, finding an author you can relate to is more difficult than ever. Jenna, Gabriella and Kate all write with meaning. Their words are relatable, their experiences are real and their goal is to help. You can’t ask for anything more than that when searching for quality advice.