10 Things I'll Have In My Fanny Pack For Sorority Rush

You definitely don't want to be THAT girl.

56

We hear so many stories and stereotypes about sororities and rush, we will have no idea what is true until we get there. So we'll have to be prepared for anything. Clumsy eater? Frizzy hair? If you tend to be a bit of a hot mess, you'll find all the solutions to your glam emergencies right here.

1. Tinted lip balm.

burtsbees.com

Even though you will hopefully be chugging water all day, this will wear off any lipstick or lip gloss. Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm is something you can continuously apply all day without losing that pop of color in your lips. I recommend the color "Rose" and you can find these at your local Target.

2. Hand sanitizer.

You'll be meeting lots of people and most likely shaking a lot of hands. Sure, you hope everyone's hands are clean but the reality is that germs will be everywhere. You can even buy a scented one so you smell fresh all the time. So keep a small bottle of sanitizer with you and avoid getting sick before classes even start.

3. Travel-sized hairspray.

thekrazycouponlady.com

I have very curly hair. Along with that blessing comes frizz. I beat fly-away hairs with TRESemme's Tres Two Non Aerosol Hairspray. This comes in a travel size of 2 ounces, so there should be plenty of room for it in your fanny pack. This is definitely a must-have if there will be any outdoor activities.

4. Concealer.

getthegloss.com

"Um, where did that zit come from?!" Save yourself the grief and bring your concealer with you everywhere. Acne is human, but it can make us insecure especially when we're meeting so many new people. Our beloved Rhianna has blessed us with one of the most inclusive and quality makeup lines out there. Her Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Concealer is a $26 investment you will not regret.

5. Eyebrow brush.

by Kiayrah Wehr

If you have unruly brows like me, you probably also have a brow brush with you at all times in case things get a little hairy. I always keep e.l.f.'s Instant Lift Brow Pencil in my wallet. This is perfect not only to tame my brows but also to do some filling in sparse areas. I am wearing the shade Neutral Brown in the photo, and you can pick this essential up at your local Target and Ulta.

6. Lip gloss.

maybelline.com

If you want your lips to stand out a little more than lip balm allows, you'll want to have a really good lip gloss that stays on all day. If you're doing it right and drinking lots of water, an ordinary lip gloss or balm will probably wear off. Play it safe and go with Maybelline's collaboration with YouTube star, Summer McKeen, Maybelline X Summer McKeen. I recommend the shade Bronzed Up if you are going for a more natural look. If you're trying out a bold look, I highly recommend the gorgeous shade Heat Wave. These are exclusively sold through Walmart.

7. Stain-remover stick.

We all have those days. When just about everything we eat decides to make a run for it, then ends up on our clothes. A stain on your shirt can make you feel insecure for the rest of the day, and if you don't have time to change, you'll be wishing you had a Tide To-Go stick. These are only $2.99 at your local Walmart and Target.

8. Mint gum or breath mints.

I specifically, and only, recommend mint gum. Fruity gum will make your breath smell worse after you suck all of the flavors out of it. I also prefer mints because you can leave them under your tongue while you're making conversation. Orbit's winter mint gum is a fresh flavor that doesn't taste too much like toothpaste. If you decide to take my advice and pack some mints, I highly recommend the classic wintergreen Altoids.

9. Mini roll-on perfume.

During rush, you want to have all your bases covered. If you happen to sweat through your deodorant, your Bath and Body Works lotion is fading, and even if your coconut hair conditioner is failing you, you can save the day by bathing in some perfume. Roll-ons are the perfect size for a fanny pack, and Philosophy's Fresh Cream Rollerball will have you smelling like a cupcake in no time. It's only $16 but you can only order this online, so snatch yours soon.

10. Reusable straws.

nypost.com

Honestly, this is the most important thing. I would rather smell than kill a turtle. I would rather have a lasagna stain on my shirt all day, than damage marine life. I would rather have a litter-free world for my children to live in, than use a plastic straw. My Last Straw has lots of amazing deals on their stainless steels straw sets. This set is absolutely free, you just pay to ship.

Did I mention that I would rather pay shipping than ruin the prosperity of the planet?