10 Things The Sensible PNM Brings With Her To Sorority Recruitment

Sorority rush is right around the corner. These are some must-haves before heading out on your adventure.

3303
Lori Walker

It's around that time of the year again, that's right sorority recruitment. As a potential new member, you have many unanswered questions and want to be as prepared as possible for this incredibly overwhelming week.

This list provides some must-have items that will get you through the week as smoothly as possible.

1. Bag/Purse

A cheap water-resistant tote is perfect for the week! You'll need something big enough to carry all your stuff in, but small enough to not annoy you as you carry it from house to house. Some girls use a knockoff Longchamp from Amazon but remember to put a ribbon or something different on it so you know it's yours. All the bags piled up on a Sorority's front lawn will make it hard to find yours.

2. Handheld fan

These things are absolute lifesavers for anyone participating in fall recruitment, especially in the South. It'll keep you cool while waiting in between houses. Plus you can always use it later on down the road on game days!

3. Oil-blotting sheets

Being out in the heat all day with a full face of makeup on is sure to cause your face to get a little oily and gross. These sheets will keep you looking refreshed and at your best all day long.

4. Mints/Breath spray

When talking in close quarters with so many girls you're sure to not want to embarrass yourself by having bad breath. Especially after lunchtime make sure to chew some gum to freshen up your breath for the rest of the day.

5. Touchup makeup

A full face of makeup isn't going to last all day long in the heat on its own. Bring some extra makeup in your bag to touch up when you have a break. For example, bring extra powder, lipstick, and maybe even some mascara.

6. Cheap flip flops

You're going to be wishing you didn't have heels on when you're having to run between houses during the last few days. Bring some inexpensive flip flops to wear between houses or even when you're just on a break and don't want to get any blisters.

7. Rain jacket or umbrella

If you're rushing in the South you need to expect the possibility of rain because the weather here is super unpredictable. If you do get caught in some light showers you don't want it to soak your outfit and drench your hair and makeup.

8. Handheld mirror

You'll need to be able to check up on how you look during the day to make sure you look your best. This is especially handy when touching up makeup, and you most likely won't have access to any other mirrors all day.

9. Pen

Don't forget to record your thoughts about to each house after you visit them. When seeing so many houses in a day it's easy to get some confused and forget what you talked about in each house. After you leave a house it's super helpful to write down quick notes about what you talked about and how you felt about each house, it'll help you out later.

10. A smile and a good attitude

I know this sounds super cheesy but don't forget to bring a smile and a good attitude to each and every house you visit! Remember to smile from the moment you step foot out front to the second you walk out the door, you always want to put your best your best foot forward. Always keep a good, positive attitude even if you're not expecting to like a certain house. You never how you'll feel about that house later or how other girls feel about them.

Happy Recruitment!