18 Famous Women Who Inspire Me, And Probably You, Too

In honor of Women's History Month, let's celebrate all of these amazing women!

75

Happy Women's Month everyone! As a way to celebrate this month, I thought I would write my next article about some women in the "celebrity world" who I love and look up to for different reasons. Each of these women is strong and special in their own way; whether it's by speaking on political issues or dominating their industry, I love all of these women.

1. Taylor Swift

@taylorswift on Instagram

Starting off on the list is Taylor Swift, or in other words the one celebrity who will always have a special place in my heart. Swift is without a doubt one of the strongest, smartest, and most talented people in the music industry. Her lyrics and music are genius and she has switched genres multiple times while still creating hit after hit. Not many artists have the ability to successfully write music in the style of a different genre, but Swift has hit the nail on the head each time. I also love how she actively speaks out on feminist, LGBTQ, and political issues. She has fought countless legal battles fearlessly and, being the genius she is, decided to re-record all of her albums from Big Machine Records in order to reclaim her art that was stolen from her. Needless to say, I love this woman.

2. Megan Thee Stallion

@theestallion on Instagram

Female empowerment is the mission that Megan Thee Stallion fiercely achieves through her music. Her music is fun and empowering, and her flow is contagious. I love how her lyrics can make any girl feel like a total badass and every time I listen to her music I suddenly forget to care about what men think of me. Although I don't know her personally, Meg seems like such a genuine person to me. She's always posting about her friends and being real with her followers on Instagram. Her confidence inspires me to be more confident myself.

3. Rihanna

@badgirlriri on Instagram

If you look up "powerful woman" on Google, Rihanna is literally one of the first pictures you will see. I swear Rihanna has done it all. She's an incredibly talented musician, an intelligent businesswoman, an entrepreneur, a fashion icon, and a social rights activist. Her makeup brand is highly acclaimed along with her lingerie line and her skincare products. I absolutely love how if Rihanna wants to do something, she goes after it and makes it happen. She is also very involved with social activism and helping people who are underprivileged or hurting. In my eyes, Rihanna is a true treasure. All I have to ask is when are we getting new music?

4. A'ja Wilson

@aja22wilson on Instagram

As the first non-musician on the list, A'ja Wilson is an extraordinary basketball player who plays for the Las Vegas Aces in the WNBA. The first time I saw Wilson play was when she went to the University of South Carolina, which was the school my brother attended. I loved watching her play because of the positive energy she played with and her impressive skills on the court. She was always my favorite player on the team and it makes me happy to see her thriving in the WNBA.

5. Natalie Mariduena

@natalinanoel on Instagram

Imagine growing up with David Dobrik and then having the opportunity to work with him after he started to gain fame. That's the exact gig that Natalie Mariduena landed and ever since she has taken off with her own business opportunities including multiple brand deals. In fact, she was recently announced as the first rookie Sports Illustrated swimsuit model, which is a huge accomplishment, especially since she doesn't have the traditional model's body. I've always loved Natalie because of how she freely expresses herself unapologetically. She's funny, creative, hard-working, and fearless. I also really respect how she never seems to photoshop her Instagram posts because it gives fans an image of a real person to look up to rather than someone fake.

6. Halsey

@iamhalsey on Instagram

I love Halsey so much for her fierceness in and out of the studio. She has been through so many difficulties in her life, yet she keeps pushing forward. Halsey is an involved activist for social change like the Black Lives Matter movement, feminist issues, LGBTQ rights, and other social issues. As well as being an activist, she has been extremely transparent and open when discussing her own challenges with mental health and with her suffering a miscarriage. I think that Halsey is an extremely positive role model for girls and women because of her strength and authenticity. Her music has also beautifully evolved over the years and it makes me so happy to see her being successful.

7. SZA

@sza on Instagram

Not to make this about astrology, but as a fellow Scorpio, I resonate strongly with SZA as a person and musician. Everything about her music is so enchanting and hypnotizing to me. Her voice is incredibly beautiful and her lyrics speak the feelings that everyone else has trouble putting into words. I just love everything about her; I don't know her personally, but her soul seems so beautiful. She has never conformed to the popular mainstream with fashion, music, or aesthetics. She continues to be herself and she comes off as a genuine person through her social media.

8. Miley Cyrus

@mileycyrus on Instagram

Miss Miley can't be tamed and honestly, I love her for that. From "Hannah Montana" to "Plastic Hearts," Miley has gone through so many transformations. She has been outspoken on social issues like LGBTQ rights, homelessness, mental health, animal rights, and feminism. Miley uses her platform with good intentions of spreading awareness on these social issues while also showcasing her wild, funny personality. Although she had a bit of a downfall for some years, she has recently made a huge comeback with her latest album "Plastic Hearts." The album explores more of a pop-rock sound, which fits Miley perfectly in every way possible. Lastly, I just have to say that I don't think I can ever forgive the media for how horribly they demonized Miley back in 2013 when she danced with Robin Thicke on stage at the VMAs. Nothing about that was fair in any way shape or form, but that's a topic for another day. I guess if anything, it showed us how strong and resilient she is in the face of challenges and hate.

9. Zendaya

@zendaya on Instagram

This woman is so extremely talented, beautiful, kind, and intelligent. Zendaya's acting career has blossomed into something amazing with her earning roles in "Euphoria," "The Greatest Showman," "Spiderman," and not to mention her two Disney Channel shows, "Shake It Up" and "K.C. Undercover." Her versatility with acting is astonishing and she continues to be a class act. Although she is young, her maturity, confidence, and intelligence make her an outstanding woman. Not to mention, her fashion sense is out of this world and she has become a massive fashion icon. Zendaya is a great, positive role model for young girls to follow.

10. Aly Raisman

@alyraisman on Instagram

Ever since I first saw Aly Raisman in the 2012 Summer Olympics, I loved her. She is a phenomenal gymnast and I loved her happy and bright appearance. However, it makes me sad to think that she wasn't necessarily as happy as she appeared due to the abuse and trauma she had endured from the team's doctor. Despite all of the pain from the horrible treatment she received from that man, Raisman showed her resilience by testifying against him and continuously voicing her disappointment with the USAG's inaction. Along with speaking out against sexual abuse, she is also known to speak out on body positivity for women and one way she does this is by modeling for Aerie. Aerie has a campaign called #AerieReal, in which they do not photoshop their models and they have a diverse group of models to show off their clothing, including Raisman. Overall, I think that Raisman is a strong role model for young women because she doesn't back down from a challenge.

11. Quenlin Blackwell

@quenblackwell on Instagram

Quenlin Blackwell is an influencer who became popular on Twitter and then branched out to Instagram and TikTok. When I first discovered Blackwell on Twitter, I thought she was super funny and relatable. She would post hilarious videos of her quirky humor that seemed so real and I loved that she wasn't afraid to be herself. Throughout the year, she has blown up in popularity, but she continues to be true to her original personality. More recently, she has started to showcase her fashion taste on social media, which has turned her into a bit of a fashion icon as well.

12. Lennon Stella

@lennonstella on Instagram

To be honest, if I could be any celebrity I would probably choose to be Lennon Stella. She is absolutely stunning, her fashion taste is great, her musical talent astounds me, and she seems to have such a loving soul. This woman has the voice of an angel and her talent deserves so much more attention. Every time she pops up on my Instagram feed I feel like I've been blessed; one of my favorite posts of hers was of her singing and playing guitar in a meadow while a bunch of baby goats ran around her. I remember seeing it and thinking, "Ok, is this what I'll see and hear when I walk into heaven?" No, but seriously, how much more ethereal and beautiful can it get than that? Anyway, please go check out her music! You won't be disappointed.

13. Bindi Irwin

@bindisueirwin on Instagram

If you dislike Bindi Irwin, there has to be something wrong with you. I can remember watching her TV show on Discovery Kids when I was about 8-years-old and thinking that she seemed so cool because she was my age getting to interact with all of these amazing animals. There isn't really a single thing I can think of that is wrong with Bindi, or any of the Irwin family. She seems incredibly kind, loving, smart, and bright. I couldn't be happier for her and the way she is living life right now. Bindi is an amazing woman who educates people, young and old, about wildlife while also working closely with her family at the Australia Zoo. She is someone who any young girl can look up to as a positive role model.

14. Khrystyana

@khrystyana

Although Khrystyana Kazakova is one of the least famous people on this list, that doesn't stop her from being an amazing influencer for women. I discovered Khrystyana through Aerie's Instagram because she was one of their curvier models who was consistently involved in the brand's social media. One part of her personal social media that I love is her posts about posing versus relaxing and how it can change the way your body looks in pictures. She is transparent about how models pose to make their bodies look like the ideal societal standard even though in reality, no one looks perfect all the time. Khrystyana is also open about her past issues with having an eating disorder thanks to the toxic mindset that is presented to a lot of models.

15. Little Mix (Including Jesy Nelson)

@littlemix on Instagram

I have been saying this for a long time, but I really wish that Little Mix got more attention in the US because they are an amazing group of women. Their musical talent is unbelievable and in my opinion, they are one of the strongest girl groups of our time, but they are consistently slept on despite having so many bops. Each one of the members, Perrie, Jesy, Leigh-Anne, and Jade, have endured struggles throughout their careers, but they continue to persevere through it all. Jesy actually left the group recently due to mental health issues, but her ability to speak about her problems shows her strength and makes it easier for other women to accept their own mental health challenges. Since all of the girls in the group are black, other than Perrie, they have all also been outspoken about their difficulties with racism in the industry and from the public.

16. H.E.R.

@hermusicofficial on Instagram

It's not very common in the media for us to see a black woman playing the electric guitar, but H.E.R. breaks that barrier through her music and performances. This woman's music is very soulful, beautiful, and unique. I think that she is a very positive role model for black women out there who are trying to break down the walls musically or in other ways as well. It was so exciting to see her perform during the Super Bowl, especially because she is a somewhat lesser-known artist. I love how she isn't afraid to be herself and breakdown gender roles in media.

17. Billie Eilish

@billieeilish on Instagram

Watching Billie grow into her success has been such an amazing sight to see. Billie Eilish has such a unique sounding voice that I have started to notice is beginning to be replicated in similar ways by other singers. Her voice and style of music have become influential pieces of building a new style of pop music. I also love how Billie discusses with her fans and interviewers the struggles she has faced with mental health and body image. She has become known for wearing large, baggy clothing to hide her body from the world in order to avoid being sexualized. This opened up a large discussion about how people automatically sexualize young women, especially if they are in the spotlight, which is an important conversation that needs to happen more often. I admire Billie for her fearlessness, artistic abilities, and transparency.

18. Megan Markle

@enews on Instagram

Lastly, but not least, none other than Megan Markle is someone who I truly admire for her strength and composure. After marrying into the royal family, and even when Harry and she were still dating, this woman was dragged through the mud over and over again for no concrete reason. I don't know how she managed to make it through all of the horrible rumors, bullying, and racism that she received from those close to her as well as the media, but somehow she came out stronger than ever. I highly respect her resilience and her ability to remain classy even while the royal family themselves were putting her through the wringer. Megan seems like a wonderful woman who deserves love and respect.

Here were 18 women that inspire me daily. Which women inspire you?