Why Family As A Rock

Why Family As A Rock

You're the strongest foundation.

8
Why Family As A Rock
Kay Girard

Family is more than a word.

Changes occur but the one thing that remains is family. Going through life struggles can really hit close to home but I know when life gets me down my family loves me enough to pick me up.

I like to believe family is a vital part of life. They're there to laugh with you. They're there for support. They're there to grieve with you. They're there for mike stones. They're just there. They're there when they're needed.

My family has proved "blood is thicker than water." We have different political views, different beliefs, different interests, different schedules, different backgrounds, differences, but there is always one thing there. LOVE.

One thing we'll always have in common is our fun Italian origin.

If it isn't the loud conversation, constant gorging of food, & holiday parties, it's the huge, tight hugs after a long time apart. It could be the yelling & making up in a matter of minutes. If not, then it should be.

My definition of family:

family: (n) "family is a group of individuals who put differences aside to spend time with each other. Sometimes people not consisting with the blood line can be considered family &/or loved ones"

You don't have to be blood-related. You can be fostered, adopted, found, dropped by the stork, etc. Your foundation is what makes you family. If you have family guiding, molding, and loving you, that is what makes you family.

I am a firm believer that family is welcoming people who need the support of a loved one. My family has made me feel loved no matter who it was.

When family comes to mind, I count my blessing because family is a privilege.

I know it sounds silly because of course family is going to be there for you but think about it. Some people don't get the privilege others do. Some people don't get big happy families like I do. Not everyone understands just because someone is family means they'll be there.

Next time you think about family I have a few wise words of advice:

Do not take your family for granted. They aren't going to be here forever & life is too short to expect the most from them.

Always check up. I know sometimes it's inconvenient but they're your foundation. These are the people who built you. Just call to say hi. Say thanks. Let them know you're thinking of them.

Love without boarders because you're loved back. Life is better when you're with your better halves.

I know I am loved. I know how happy being with my family. Family is always going to be LOVE.