5 Easy Ways To Decorate Your Dorm Room For Fall
Fall

For all those college students who are ballin' on a budget.

299

It's that time of year again!! The leaves are starting to fall, the pumpkin spice lattes are out, and the weather is FINALLY cooling down to bearable temperatures. Decorating your room is arguably one of the best ways to get in the spirit of fall, and though it can be tough to get into the spirit in a dorm, it is possible.

Here are five easy ways that you can decorate your dorm room for fall:

1. The holy grail of dorm decor: THE DOLLAR SECTION

Kaylin Harding

If you're looking to give your room a fall makeover, I recommend that the first stop you make is the dollar section at Target. They have everything from fall banners to $3 throw pillows (You can't go wrong with too many throw pillows).

2. Light a candle... or 5.

Kaylin Harding

Scented candles are the epitome of fall. My personal favorite fall candle is "Leaves" by Bath and Body Works. But if you're ballin' on a budget like most college kids, hit up the good ole' Target dollar section, they've got candles that smell just as amazing for $3.

Put these candles everywhere. I keep at least 2 candles in my room at a time. There's no such thing as too many candles.

3. Decorate your door.

Kaylin Harding

Now, your door is the first thing people see before they even enter your room. My roommate and I pride ourselves on decorating our door for all seasons. We usually go for a very simplistic look. I decorated my door (pictured above) for $7. All items are from guess where... the dollar section.

4. Make a candy jar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU0VuHTans0

Candy jars are one of my go-to's for every season. Not only does a mason jar full of candy corn add a nice fall flare to the room, it serves as a yummy snack too!

Bonus idea: Put a bucket of candy outside of your door leading up to Halloween for people to grab from!

5. Get back to your kindergarten roots... construction paper!

Remember back in kindergarten when all of the crafts revolved around one thing: construction paper.

You can buy a pack of $5 construction paper from Walmart and create literally anything you want to add a little pizazz to your room. You can make a wreath, leaves garland, cut out pumpkins and bats for your door, the possibilities are endless!

Still feeling uninspired? Here are a few Fall room videos to get you in the mood!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmlrTH_WSAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0kMTzoXKEI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LD280xOYg4