7 Ways To Prepare For Fall

7 Ways To Prepare For Fall

From pumpkin picking to picking the best halloween costume, its always a fun time.

37
7 Ways To Prepare For Fall
Pinimg.com

Fall is here, hooray! Fall is one of the best times of the year. From being able to wear that cute flannel to see all the bright colored leaves, it's just a good time. There are a few things that you must do in honor of celebrating fall, or it just isn't right (I'm a little biased because I'm a born Northerner). Below you will find things you love to do during the fall, or MUST do this year and make it a tradition.

1. Pumpkin Picking/Carving

Wearing your go-to fall outfit and going on a hayride may sound basic, but it truly is the best thing ever. It's a great photo opportunity and a good way to spend time with family and friends. Looking around the pumpkin patch and then finally finding the one you like best is so exciting. Then, it's time to carve the big ole' orange pumpkin. I'm always the one that tries to go for the spooky face to put on my porch, but a cute pumpkin face always works. The best part about carving is getting all dirty and feeling the pumpkin cuts.

2. Baking something pumpkin flavored or themed

Yum. Sometimes you have to be basic, in order to appreciate the time of year. The taste of pumpkin with some spices just makes you feel like your in an autumn dream. Whether you bake pumpkin load, pumpkin pie or the cute cookies with a pumpkin picture, it's bound to put you in a happy mood.

3. Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving feature

What would fall be without Thanksgiving? It would be sad. Thanksgiving is all about being thankful and spending time with your loved ones. It's also about stuffing your face with as much turkey, stuffing and pie. There's also nothing better than reconnecting with family and laughing about all the weird things your whole family has done since you last saw them all.

4. Leaf Peeping

THE COLORS! Fall is just a postcard. Being surrounded by all the beautiful leaves and the smell of hot cider is just a thrilling time. There are always colorful leaves every time you turn your head. This may be more of a northern thing, but southerners should still appreciate it. Leaf Peeping is also seemed to be more of a tourist thing.

5. Apple Picking

Another basic thing, but also very fun thing to do. You can take cute pics and also indulge in some juicy ripe apples, oh what fun! It is also amazing to walk into the cider mill nearby and drink some hot apple cider, and maybe a cider donut as well.

6. Halloween

Anything to do with Halloween is usually extravagant. From dressing in your favorite costume to going to a haunted forest, it just makes you happy. You seem to plan all October long for your costumes, but that's alright. Getting scared and screaming by someone holding a chainsaw in a forest, is a bit horrifying but always sounds like a good idea.

7. Decorating

From decorating your house to your dorm room to your porch, it's just so festive. There is so many different fall themes to choose from. A go to is a fall shabby chic which is pictured above. Having your mom decorate the inside of your house so fall themed, you feel like your in some kind of movie. Also from decorating the porch so spooky with spiders and jack-o-lanterns, you scare the trick-or-treaters away. Or even decorating your dorm room with cobwebs to scare off others, or hang up cute pumpkin lights. It all is super fun and a great way to make you feel in the fall mood.