Failing Fowards

Failing Fowards

Celebrate Your Past And Keep Moving Forward

14
Failing Fowards
Pexels.com
"Try as we might by our appearance, performance or social status to find self-verification for a sense of being somebody, we always come short of satisfaction. Whatever pinnacle of self-identity we achieve soon crumbles under the pressure of hostile rejection or criticism, introspection or guilt, fear or anxiety. We cannot do anything to qualify for the byproduct of being loved unconditionally and voluntarily."- Maurice Wagner

We all do it. We compute this false equation in our minds that worldly accomplishments equal a successful life. Whether it be that final grade point average you achieve, the level of physical attractiveness you have or the money in your bank account, we believe these milestones to determine a fulfilled personhood. But we could not be more wrong.

If this equation was the answer to life's main purpose, why are we still left empty after we climb up the worldly ladder? Why does our list continue to grow even after we received the title we wanted yesterday? Why aren't our past accomplishments not good enough when we make a mistake the next day?

And why is failure an association of defeat?

It's because we forget. We forget who we really are, despite the titles we plaster ourselves with. We forget that wholeness and meaning in life are not the products of what we have or don't have, or what we've accomplished or haven't accomplished. We are already whole people who possess a life of infinite meanings and purpose because of who we are- children of God.

We fail. We fail all the times as humans, but then we begin to see ourselves as only failures, which only leads to more disappointments. This perspective then led us to believe that we are defeated and without purpose.

What we don't see however is how beautiful our failure is and how "our finest hour could come after our biggest failure." - Levi Lusko

Failure is a marker that you've done something, perhaps even something right. It's an indication that you tried or didn't try hard enough. The point is to learn. We need to celebrate our failures so instead of proof of defeat, we see them as a sign of willingness and growth.

Too often we sit and dwell on all the things we have done wrong or failed at while everyone around us and most importantly, God has already forgotten these mistakes. The devil wants to do everything he can to keep our focus on our past so we can't see the beautifully crafted future ahead of us. He wants to muddy our vision so all we can see are the failures from yesterday. Don't let him.

It's not failure that defines you, it's what you do with your failures that can define us. You are not a failure because you have once failed. You are a child of God because of the unconditional love He has for us.

You can keep chasing the world but I can promise you, you will never be good enough. Every earthly milestone you accomplish will just leave you increasingly empty inside unless you keep your focus above.

Celebrate your failures and remember your true identity. You are loved and created for a purpose, mistakes and all.